Old October 17th 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Chess Middle Game Mastery: A Useful Resource For All!

Enjoy and be well!:

http://chessmiddlegamemastery.blogspot.com

Old October 17th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis
SBD SBD is offline

On Oct 17, 7:03 am, wrote:
Enjoy and be well!:

http://chessmiddlegamemastery.blogspot.com

It is a very nice looking site and the information looks - at first
glance - to be quite good as well.

Old October 18th 07, 07:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Oct 17, 10:05 am, SBD wrote:
On Oct 17, 7:03 am, wrote:

Enjoy and be well!:

http://chessmiddlegamemastery.blogspot.com

It is a very nice looking site and the information looks - at first
glance - to be quite good as well.

I agree, it has an attractive appeal to it.

Nonetheless, I vehemently beg to differ with your take on
its content quality. As an intermediate player, I definitely
gained some insights from it. I take it you're of greater
playing strength, which is why you seem to suggest it's
of dubious worth.

Anyway, the value of anything is ultimately in the eye of
the beholder.

Old October 18th 07, 07:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis
SBD SBD is offline

On Oct 18, 1:14 am, wrote:

I agree, it has an attractive appeal to it.

Nonetheless, I vehemently beg to differ with your take on
its content quality. As an intermediate player, I definitely
gained some insights from it. I take it you're of greater
playing strength, which is why you seem to suggest it's
of dubious worth.

Um... I think I did indicate it was of more than dubious worth. In
fact, I can't see how my statement would be interpreted otherwise.

Old October 18th 07, 12:18 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Oct 18, 2:52 am, SBD wrote:
On Oct 18, 1:14 am, wrote:

I agree, it has an attractive appeal to it.

Nonetheless, I vehemently beg to differ with your take on
its content quality. As an intermediate player, I definitely
gained some insights from it. I take it you're of greater
playing strength, which is why you seem to suggest it's
of dubious worth.

Um... I think I did indicate it was of more than dubious worth. In
fact, I can't see how my statement would be interpreted otherwise.

"Enjoy and be well!:

http://chessmiddlegamemastery.blogspot.com

It is a very nice looking site and the information
looks -at first glance - to be quite good as well."

Thanks for the clarification.

Lurking at the very back of my mind was the
following interpretive possibility:

A cursory assessment of the content shows
it's as excellent as the site's appearance
, but, a more thorough one MAY reveal
otherwise.

Have a great day.

Old October 18th 07, 04:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Oct 17, 1:03 pm, wrote:
Enjoy and be well!:

http://chessmiddlegamemastery.blogspot.com

Looks all right - although I admit I only looked at it for about 10
seconds, and my eyes were not completely open. HOWEVER I believe that
a fuller examination may show this site to have monstrous feet of
clay. I cannot prove anything, and I am accusing no one. I am simply
saying that my relations with that site have become intolerable.

Old October 18th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis
SBD SBD is offline

On Oct 18, 6:18 am, wrote:

Lurking at the very back of my mind was the
following interpretive possibility:

A cursory assessment of the content shows
it's as excellent as the site's appearance
, but, a more thorough one MAY reveal
otherwise.

Well, of course that is a possible interpretation, as is:

1. A cursory assessment of the content shows excellent site
appearance but, a more thorough one MAY reveal
that it is horrendous;

2. A cursory assessment of the content shows excellent site
appearance but, a more thorough one MAY reveal
that it is really designed only for players of 600-650 Elo;

3. A cursory assessment of the content shows excellent site
appearance but, a more thorough one MAY reveal
that it is only appropriate for world champion candidates from Nevis
and St. Kitts;

4. A cursory assessment of the content shows excellent site
appearance but, a more thorough one MAY reveal
that it is not about chess but rather devil worship;

and so on. But why not simply take the comment at face value until
shown otherwise? Playing "guess the hidden interpretation" is surely
as much a fool's game as planless middle game play.

Old October 18th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Oct 18, 2:22 pm, SBD wrote:
On Oct 18, 6:18 am, wrote:

[...]

I was simply addressing the following issue:

"Um... I think I did indicate it was of more than dubious worth.
In fact, I can't see how my statement would be interpreted
otherwise."

Thanks.

Old October 18th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.analysis

On Oct 18, 11:10 am, Offramp wrote:
On Oct 17, 1:03 pm, wrote:

Enjoy and be well!:

http://chessmiddlegamemastery.blogspot.com

Looks all right - although I admit I only looked at it for about 10
seconds, and my eyes were not completely open. HOWEVER I believe that
a fuller examination may show this site to have monstrous feet of
clay. I cannot prove anything, and I am accusing no one. I am simply
saying that my relations with that site have become intolerable.

I'm sorry my blog has brought up such a bad reaction in you.
HOWEVER, I would like to say its "monstrous feet of clay"
are mainly an honest attempt on my part to remember what
I've just studied. They're also a way to get feedback from those
who care to give it. Thank you.