Old October 23rd 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Sam Sloan replies to Chris Falter

Chris Falter posted the following above:

"The idea that Sloan's election chances were diminished by the fake
postings is ludicrous. I read hundreds of comments by USCF members
both pro- and anti-Sloan during the election cycle, but not even one
comment considered the fake Usenet postings to be a reason to oppose
Sloan. In fact, the fake Usenet postings may have even helped Sloan's
election chances, because they evoked public expressions of sympathy
for Sloan from people like Jack LeMoine who usually disagreed with
him."

I need to point out that Chris Falter and Jack LeMoine were two of my
strongest opponents during the USCF election and were the two biggest
supporters of Susan Polgar. For Chris Falter to say that his vicious
attacks helped me is pure nonsense.

Chris Falter's postings were especially objectionable because he often
claimed that he knew things that he did not know. More importantly, he
quoted me on the USCF Issues Forums as writing that I "went all the
way" with Susan Polgar when she was 17 years old. This was a lie. I
have never written or stated any such thing. This false quotation
obviously made Susan Polgar angry and contributed to the problem.

Old October 23rd 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Oct 23, 11:29 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

**reposted from another thread**

One current USCF Board member made the following statement in an email
exchange with me on June 5, 2007:

Bill Brock wrote:

"Sloan claims to have had sexual relations with Polgar (while she was
a minor, while he claimed to be acting as a fiduciary, in the course
of USCF business). He made this claim twice. As fiduciary, you are
silent."

USCF Board member replied:

"I have seen no such claim. I believe he said she was his girlfriend
many years ago at an age which would make her a minor in the US but an
adult in Hungary. She has denied having relations with him and he has
told people they didn't really have relations but did have foreplay. I
don't know who to believe but think they did not have sexual
relations."

Incidentally, the Board member was mistaken: a 17-year-old in Hungary
is still a minor.

Some context:

http://direkickfeud.blogspot.com/200...in-praxis.html

Old October 24th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

[...]

What matters is that Sam Sloan name was used, thousands of time,
without his consent, during
an election. In most any state in the Union, the election would be
ANNULED. It doesn't matter
if Sam Sloan has a snowball's chance of hell in becoming an Executive
Board member, he
still gets another shot.

No house of congress would accept members elected in this fashion.

The example we set is corrupt.

I will not tolerate Paul Troung's death threats.

MArcus Roberts