Old April 15th 04, 11:59 PM
David Kane

Default File formats for Chessmaster

Does anyone know if compatibility of .cmg files created by CM7000 - 9000 is
described anywhere? Specifically, I have some files supposedly created by
CM8000, that I can't open with CM7000. Are there any conversion utilities?

Thanks.

David Kane

Old April 16th 04, 06:29 AM
John Merlino

"David Kane" wrote in message news:[email protected]_s52...
Does anyone know if compatibility of .cmg files created by CM7000 - 9000 is
described anywhere? Specifically, I have some files supposedly created by
CM8000, that I can't open with CM7000. Are there any conversion utilities?

Thanks.

David Kane

The file format is not backwards compatible, as there have been
modifications with each new version.

Every new version of Chessmaster will be able to read cmg files from
all versions BEFORE it (e.g. CM9000 can read cmg files created by
CM7000). But old CM versions cannot read newer files (CM7000 cannot
read cmg files created by CM9000).

jm