Old April 16th 04, 09:57 PM
Pappu Murthy

Default Fritz 8 and Windows XP Professional

Recently I tried to install and run Fritz 8 on my PC which has Windows
XP Professional OS.
For some reason it keeps freezing as soon as I try to run.
The installation went smooth and all. No problems there.
Wonder whether Fritz 8 works on Windows XP Pro at all.
Previously i was running it under Windows XP Home successfully and never
had any problems.
Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

Old April 17th 04, 12:44 AM
David Richerby

Benjamin Jordan wrote:
Runs fine on XP pro here.

Likewise here.

Dave.

--
David Richerby Portable Chainsaw (TM): it's like
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ a lethal weapon but you can take
Old April 22nd 04, 12:37 PM
Netsock

"Pappu Murthy" wrote in message
Recently I tried to install and run Fritz 8 on my PC which has Windows
XP Professional OS.
For some reason it keeps freezing as soon as I try to run.
The installation went smooth and all. No problems there.
Wonder whether Fritz 8 works on Windows XP Pro at all.
Previously i was running it under Windows XP Home successfully and never
had any problems.
Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

I too had some problems with XP pro running on NTFS with Fritz 8...among
other programs.

I reformatted the drive to FAT32, and never had another problem. The system
is MUCH more stable, and faster too.

Unless you are on a WAN, and security is an issue, there is no reason to run
the cumbersome NTFS.

Old April 22nd 04, 02:17 PM
Arash Salarian

Recently I tried to install and run Fritz 8 on my PC which has Windows
XP Professional OS.
For some reason it keeps freezing as soon as I try to run.
The installation went smooth and all. No problems there.
Wonder whether Fritz 8 works on Windows XP Pro at all.
Previously i was running it under Windows XP Home successfully and never
had any problems.
Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

I too had some problems with XP pro running on NTFS with Fritz 8...among
other programs.

I reformatted the drive to FAT32, and never had another problem. The

system
is MUCH more stable, and faster too.

Unless you are on a WAN, and security is an issue, there is no reason to

run
the cumbersome NTFS.

It runs fine on my machine. Win XP Pro and NTFS. I don't think it has
anything to do with the files system. About speed, again for a chess game
that should not be an issue because it really has minimum disk asccess
during a game. However, NTFS is a much more robust and in most cases faster
files system than FAT32.