Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old October 27th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,305
Default Guy Macon's suggested changes to USCF/FIDE rules

Guy Macon wrote:
Administrative note:

All posts to this thread which contain personal attacks (calling
people idiots, for example) while lacking rational arguments are
hereby declared to be admissions that the poster knows he is
wrong and doesn't want to admit it. -The Management

If you have the facts on your side, argue the facts.

If you have logic on your side, argue with logic.

If you don't have facts or logic on your side, call people names.



Troll.


--
Kenneth Sloan
Computer and Information Sciences +1-205-932-2213
University of Alabama at Birmingham FAX +1-205-934-5473
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
http://KennethRSloan.com/
  #2   Report Post  
Old October 27th 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,305
Default Guy Macon's suggested changes to USCF/FIDE rules

Guy Macon wrote:
Kenneth Sloan wrote:
Guy Macon wrote:

Administrative note:

All posts to this thread which contain personal attacks (calling
people idiots, for example) while lacking rational arguments are
hereby declared to be admissions that the poster knows he is
wrong and doesn't want to admit it. -The Management

If you have the facts on your side, argue the facts.

If you have logic on your side, argue with logic.

If you don't have facts or logic on your side, call people names.

Troll.


Ah. The first person who, by engaging in a personal attack, admits
that he doesn't have facts or logic on his side. Thanks for coming
clean about knowing that you are wrong. Better luck next time; I
have confidence that you will be soon be able to engage in a civil
and rational discussion, just as soon as you find a topic where you
*don't* know that you are wrong and thus have no need to resort to
namecalling to hide your lack of valid arguments.

I hope this helps.


Is this your idea of an ON TOPIC post in r.g.c.computer?

--
Kenneth Sloan
Computer and Information Sciences +1-205-932-2213
University of Alabama at Birmingham FAX +1-205-934-5473
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
http://KennethRSloan.com/
  #3   Report Post  
Old October 28th 07, 11:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2004
Posts: 834
Default Guy Macon's suggested changes to USCF/FIDE rules




Kenneth Sloan wrote:

Is this your idea of an ON TOPIC post in r.g.c.computer?


Nope. It is an off-topic reply to YOUR off-topic post which,
if you recall, comtained no content other than a one-word insult.

My goal is to attempt to persuade you to stop taking the lazy
path of engaging in personal attacks and to instead have
conversations that are civil, rational, and productive. I know
you have it in you; I quite enjoy reading your posts when you
put away the flamethrower. The insults don't really bother me,
but seeing you waste your talents on childish namecalling seems
to me to be a waste of a valuable resource. So tell me, what
can I do to motivate you to argue your points using logic and
evidence rather than wasting my time with a bunch of boring
insults?

--
Guy Macon
http://www.guymacon.com/

  #4   Report Post  
Old October 28th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,305
Default Guy Macon's suggested changes to USCF/FIDE rules

Guy Macon wrote:
Kenneth Sloan wrote:

Is this your idea of an ON TOPIC post in r.g.c.computer?


Nope. It is an off-topic reply to YOUR off-topic post which,
if you recall, comtained no content other than a one-word insult.

My goal is to attempt to persuade you to stop taking the lazy
path of engaging in personal attacks and to instead have
conversations that are civil, rational, and productive. I know
you have it in you; I quite enjoy reading your posts when you
put away the flamethrower. The insults don't really bother me,
but seeing you waste your talents on childish namecalling seems
to me to be a waste of a valuable resource. So tell me, what
can I do to motivate you to argue your points using logic and
evidence rather than wasting my time with a bunch of boring
insults?

You can stop cross-posting trolls.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Computer and Information Sciences +1-205-932-2213
University of Alabama at Birmingham FAX +1-205-934-5473
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
http://KennethRSloan.com/
  #5   Report Post  
Old October 28th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2004
Posts: 834
Default Guy Macon's suggested changes to USCF/FIDE rules




Kenneth Sloan wrote:

Guy Macon wrote:

Kenneth Sloan wrote:

Is this your idea of an ON TOPIC post in r.g.c.computer?


Nope. It is an off-topic reply to YOUR off-topic post which,
if you recall, comtained no content other than a one-word insult.

My goal is to attempt to persuade you to stop taking the lazy
path of engaging in personal attacks and to instead have
conversations that are civil, rational, and productive. I know
you have it in you; I quite enjoy reading your posts when you
put away the flamethrower. The insults don't really bother me,
but seeing you waste your talents on childish namecalling seems
to me to be a waste of a valuable resource. So tell me, what
can I do to motivate you to argue your points using logic and
evidence rather than wasting my time with a bunch of boring
insults?

You can stop cross-posting trolls.


Your accusation is not supported by the facts. Here is my recent
posting record, followed by an interesting cross-post from you:

Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.misc
Subject: Guy Macon's suggested changes to USCF/FIDE rules
From: Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com/
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:56:32 +0000
Message-ID:
[Note: start of thread, not crossposted, no other post
in the thread is crossposted either]

Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.computer
Subject: Guy Macon's suggested changes to USCF/FIDE rules
From: Kenneth Sloan
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 14:35:58 -0500
Message-ID:
[Note: first post on this topic in rec.games.chess.computer;
newsgroups line was changed by Kenneth Sloan, even though the
topic has nothing to do with computers]

Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.computer
Subject: Guy Macon's suggested changes to USCF/FIDE rules
From: Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com/
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 20:18:42 +0000
Message-ID:
[Note: not crossposted]

Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.computer
Subject: Guy Macon's suggested changes to USCF/FIDE rules
From: Guy Macon http://www.guymacon.com/
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:32:55 +0000
Message-ID:
[Note: not crossposted]

Looking farther, I did *reply* to some posts that were crossposted
to the go group, and changed the subject line in one of those
replies (which may have fooled you into thinking it a new thread
if your newsreader doesn't thread properly and you didn't bother
checking the references), but the following post shows that you
also reply to crossposted articles without trimming the newsgroups
line:

Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc. culture.magyar,alt.chess
Subject: Joel Channing wants all criticism of Polgar to be stopped
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 20:51:14 -0500
Message-ID:

Again I request that you please stop engaging in personal attacks
and to instead have conversations that are civil, rational, and
productive. Again I ask you to please argue your points using
logic and evidence rather than insults. Again I request that
you put away the flamethrower.


Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guy Macon's suggested changes to USCF/FIDE rules Guy Macon rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 66 October 28th 07 06:30 PM
Guy Macon's suggested changes to USCF/FIDE rules [email protected] rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 1 October 27th 07 01:18 PM
Counting knight moves foot rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 42 October 13th 07 01:12 PM
Book sales, Schiller, and USCF Taylor Kingston rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 305 October 21st 05 10:51 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017