Old October 28th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar

Default Polgar Wars: Polgar Group Declares Victory

I find it amazing when those who are a queen down in the endgame claim
that they are winning when the rest of the world can see that they are
losing.

Remember, during the Invasion of Iraq there was this official Iraq
government spokesman dubbed by the press as "Baghdad Bob" who daily
showed up for his TV interview in which he would claim that the
American forces were being decimated, driven back, wiped out,
surrounded, had no way to escape and so on, when in reality the
American forces were advancing rapidly, winning every battle (if you
could even call them battles). Even when the American forces had
entered Saddam's Hussein's palaces and set up offices there, Baghdad
Bob was still on TV claiming that the Americans had been utterly
destroyed.

Now, we are having the same sort of things going on here in the Polgar
Wars. The Polgar Group has taken to declaring victory. Kind of reminds
one of the way that George W. Bush declared the "end of hostilities"
in Iraq. Here are some examples:

gregory on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:43 pm #75593
I see that you too are upset that your evidence and case is falling
apart Sam.

Last edited by gregory on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in
total.
Gregory Alexander

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2007...-forum_27.html

Things are really looking bad to Sloan and his supporters, isn't it?

http://goddesschess.blogspot.com/

Saturday, October 27, 2007 4:38:00 PM

Old October 28th 07, 06:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Do not crosaspost
Old October 29th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar

On Oct 28, 11:22 am, samsloan wrote:

I find it amazing when those who are a queen down in the endgame claim
that they are winning when the rest of the world can see that they are
losing.

Remember, during the Invasion of Iraq there was this official Iraq
government spokesman dubbed by the press as "Baghdad Bob" who daily
showed up for his TV interview in which he would claim that the
American forces were being decimated, driven back, wiped out,
surrounded, had no way to escape and so on, when in reality the
American forces were advancing rapidly, winning every battle (if you
could even call them battles). Even when the American forces had
entered Saddam's Hussein's palaces and set up offices there, Baghdad
Bob was still on TV claiming that the Americans had been utterly
destroyed.

This is a bit subtle, but apparently, correct. After convincing
the enemy that they are "on top" and "in control" by allowing
them to sit on top of your belly and pound your arms and sides
with their fists, only THEN are you in a position to gain control
of the situation, to lull them into a false sense of security and
launch a decisive counter attack. Some call it jujitsu, others
call it rope-a-dope.

Now, we are having the same sort of things going on here in the Polgar
Wars. The Polgar Group has taken to declaring victory. Kind of reminds
one of the way that George W. Bush declared the "end of hostilities"
in Iraq. Here are some examples:

I heard that GB hung up a sign which read "MISSION
ACCOMPLISHED!", while others hung one that read
"BLOOD FOR OIL".

gregory on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:43 pm #75593
I see that you too are upset that your evidence and case is falling
apart Sam.

Last edited by gregory on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in
total.
Gregory Alexander

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2007...-forum_27.html

Things are really looking bad to Sloan and his supporters, isn't it?

http://goddesschess.blogspot.com/

Saturday, October 27, 2007 4:38:00 PM

I expect the SS case to fail via some technicality, or
because he may be unable to show that his reputation or
the USCF election was seriously affected -- or something
like that. But even if so, it may not have been in vain if
just one slimeball is rooted out of the USCF establishment
for good. But for that to happen, it may require a certain
degree of competence... and thus, I am not holding my
breath.

-- help bot

Old October 29th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar

On Oct 29, 8:50 am, help bot wrote:
[...]

GetClub Chess was improved a lot So now Easy & Normal Level will give
good challenge to you.

Play Chess at: http://www.getclub.com/Chess.html

Now it will be much difficult to win at GetClub. Only Beginner will
play simple moves other levels will put a lot of effort and will be
difficult to win.

Yesterday Easy Level Draw a Game with Jester also. Play a game and let
me know if you find the difference.

Bye
Sanny

Play Chess at: http://www.getclub.com/Chess.html

Old October 29th 07, 10:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Stop crossposting

Old October 29th 07, 10:42 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Do not crosspost
Old October 29th 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar

The goddesschess comment is at:

http://goddesschess.blogspot.com/200...an-polgar.html

I have just posted two comments and I am waiting to see if she will
respond, or if she will just delete my comments in the style of her
hero, Susan Polgar.

Meanwhile, I am wondering if Janet Newton is a USCF Member. Her name
is not listed in the MSA. Possibly she is a parent member. She
certainly seems interested in chess. She has a blog about "Chess News
about Women". She donated a $300 brilliancy prize to the US Woman's
Championship, which eventually got paid after some mishaps and the
usual messups by Bill Hall, our Executive Director who somehow forgot
about the money. (He seems to have problems with things like that.)

I am remembering that when I first got involved with Susan Polgar in
Budapest Hungary in 1986, it seemed that she was constantly at war
with the entire Hungarian Chess Federation and had no friends and
allies and indeed she seemed to be at war with the entire country of
Hungary as well. At that time, I had only heard her side of the story
and she seemed to be in the right and I could not understand why so
many people seemed to have so much against her.

I never really get to hear the other side of the story, but it seems
that history is repeating itself and again we have the situation of
Polgar vs. The Rest of the World (save a few remaining supporters like
Janet Newton).

Old October 29th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

gilgames wrote:
Do not crosspost

Good idea, Guy.

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old October 29th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Do not crosspost