Old October 29th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,misc.legal,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Bill Brock cites the United Mine Workers

Bill Brock wrote on the New York Times website at at
http://gambit.blogs.nytimes.com/2007...s-on-her-blog/
:

- Irony aside, given that Mr. Truong & Ms. Polgar ran a reformist
campaign ("clean up the USCF"), isn't the timing a bit suspicious?
You'd think this was a Teamsters or UMW election-I'm originally from
the anthracite region, so Jock Yablonski http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Yablonski
comes to mind ;-)

Thank you Bill Brock (who is a defendant in my lawsuit and I have
rarely had occasion to thank him for anything) because the examples of
the United Mine Workers and the Teamsters Union are exactly what I had
in mind when I filed my lawsuit to overturn the election results.

Of course, our case is not so extreme as those cases, as us chess
players are not going to go around killing each other, but the legal
principles are the same or similar. Polgar and Truong ran for election
on a reformist campaign to "clean up the USCF" and "save the
children". They wanted to "save the children" from me, of all people.
(I have eight children.) Now it turns out that to win this election
they wrote 2463 obscene emails and newsgroup postings, all supposedly
signed by me. (By the way, Polgar would have been elected no matter
what but Truong squeaked in by a bare margin.) Not only did the USCF
members not know about this but the members did not even know that
they were married to each other, a fact that was uncovered by their
election opponents just before the vote count. This organization has
86,000 members and represents the USA Internationally. I believe that
there is enough here for the Department of Justice to come in, to
overturn the election results, and to have a fair new election.