Old October 30th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
SBD SBD is offline

Default CB9

I'm finding CB9 to be very hard to use, probably because the logic
doesn't seem to match older CBs - and possibly I don't have enough
computer for it.

A very irritating problem is that it continually accesses big99 as the
"read database" whenever I enter a position. In the old CB, you would
set a "read database" - I can't find this option. No matter whether I
set the board up in big2006 or any other solution - I can't get it to
look for openings, positions, in anything but big99.

Any suggestions?

Old October 30th 07, 10:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

"SBD" wrote in message ups.com...
I'm finding CB9 to be very hard to use, probably because the logic
doesn't seem to match older CBs - and possibly I don't have enough
computer for it.

A very irritating problem is that it continually accesses big99 as the
"read database" whenever I enter a position. In the old CB, you would
set a "read database" - I can't find this option. No matter whether I
set the board up in big2006 or any other solution - I can't get it to
look for openings, positions, in anything but big99.

Any suggestions?

It sounds like what you want to do in CB9-speak is set
the "reference database". In the main window, right click
on the database you want to use for searches and select
'Properties'. A window labeled 'Properties' for this database
will open. Click the check box labeled "Reference-DB'
in the lower center of the window and click the OK button.
Only one database at a time can be the reference database;
selecting a different one will deselect the previous one.

There are some instructional tips on CB8/CB9 by Steve Lopez at:
http://www.chessbase.com/download/index.asp

Regards,
John