Old November 4th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default November 3, 2007 USCF Executive Board meeting

There was a motion to hold the next board meeting in person rather
than online as has been previously announced. The vote barely passed
4-3, with Truong, Polgar and Jim Berry voting against. Randy Hough
took a long time to make up his mind while somebody hummed the
"Jeopardy" theme tune. Finally, Hough voted to hold it in person.

I believe that Truong and Polgar had already told the board that they
would be there today only and are not coming back tomorrow.

The board went into closed session at 1:48 PM. I have heard from an
outside source that the independent investigation has been completed
and confirms the findings of the Mottershead Report. If that is true,
I suspect that the closed session will be dealing with that issue. I
believe that the other board members (with the possible exception of
Joel Channing) will be asking Paul and Susan to resign. Paul and Susan
will not go easily however and I expect a fight either now or later.

Old November 4th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

A lot of time was wasted talking about the history of the US Open,
something that any board member should already know about.

There were fire works at the end, when Joel Channing and Bill hall
started attacking Donna Alarie and Jack LeMoine in the audience
defended her (thank you Jack).

Here is a small part of the chat room comments that I was able to
save. (Note that the chat goes in reverse order, with the latest at
the top).

Simmitt has left the chat
timsawmiller has left the chat
Simmitt: He might have tazed you, though.
has left the chat
samsloan: You should have waited until they called the security guard
and threw you out.
dacp has entered the chat
samsloan: You quit a few minutes too soon.
samsloan: You quit a few minutes too soon.
samsloan: "We are getting it done", says Joel Channing.
Simmitt: Personal attacks really should be saved for Closed Session.
xplor: Thanks for the video link
administrator: bye
1194111159cp has left the chat
1194111159cp has left the chat
samsloan: Just those "answers" were not answers.
Guest064: Mottershead charges and related matters, Sat 12:30 (closed)
samsloan: "Answers have been given" is true.
samsloan: "It has been offered a lot more than once."
timsawmiller: periodic progress reports would alleviate some of the
grumbling that goes on
Guest064: The financial records are secret, cannot see them, cannot
talks about them either.
samsloan: "She is not doing good for us, by the way she handles
things".
Simmitt: I wonder if the various lawyers are taping this???
samsloan: Donna "shoots like a mancine gun".
dacp: They started this in November 2006???
samsloan: Donn a "went to the warehouse" BAD BAD
timsawmiller has entered the chat
Simmitt: It's almost like having the webcam on in Closed Session right
now
samsloan: Donna is "making trouble" says Joel Channing.
dacp: Going to NY Times too.
dacp: It goes to ERISA next week
dacp: email me directly
samsloan: I agree with Jack Lemoine, who is speaking.
dacp: who is speaking?
Simmitt: Who is the guest speaking now?
samsloan: Are you listening, Donna?
samsloan: Joe Nanna I mean.
samsloan: I agree with Joe Donna.
administrator: haha, no I wouldn't leave my gear here overnight
Simmitt: Can't you just forget to turn the webcam off for Closed
Session?
Simmitt: Can'
Simmitt has entered the chat
timsawmiller has entered the chat
timsawmiller: all: u can change the refresh rate by usng the options
link to the right---------------------------------
administrator: Joe Nanna speaking
samsloan: The same stupid, meaningless idea from Bill Hall.
administrator: I am leaving soon
administrator: he is summarizing the findings to be presented to the
EB in closed session this pm
Guest064: You will not try to eavsedrop on the closed session?
samsloan: Bill Hall calls scandals "ridiculous".
timsawmiller has entered the chat
administrator: live stream only for me
samsloan: Has anybody captured this on video??
administrator: chat room will remain open. Be nice.
observer22 has entered the chat
administrator: last topic then I shut down until tomorrow morning

Old November 4th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 3, 6:02 pm, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the news. Any other observers that can clue us in more?

Old November 4th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 3, 8:08 pm, "j.d.walker" wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the news. Any other observers that can clue us in more?- Hide quoted text -

It's not clear to me what is going on. Randy Bauer has said the USCF
has had yet to hire an independent expert.
Dishonest people at the Chess Federation are fixing to face a jury,
and answer for these death threats.

Marcus Roberts

Old November 4th 07, 09:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

There were no earth shaking ideas, news or information to come out of
the meeting. Most of the discussion was about things that should have
been discussed before the meeting. For example, there was a long
discussion of the history of the US Open. Anybody who does not already
know the history of the US Open should not run for the board. Can you
think of anything that was not already common knowledge that was said
at the meeting?

Then, there was the inane and idiotic statement by Bill Hall that we
should just dispense all the money in the profit sharing /pension plan
and start a new plan. He has said the same thing at every other
meeting where this issue has come up. The first time you hear it, it
sounds intelligent. After you hear the same thing for over a year with
still no progress it sounds stupid. It does not address the questions
of: What money? Who gets it? For what? In one year on the board I was
never even able to find out what the plan was. No documents whatever
were ever produced. Then, Joel Channing criticized Donna because she
"went to the warehouse". Channing said that Donna "shoots like a
machine gun". Bill Hall said that the charges made on the USCF Issues
Forum are "ridiculous".

Old November 4th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 3, 7:55 pm, samsloan wrote:

The board went into closed session at 1:48 PM. I have heard from an
outside source that the independent investigation has been completed
and confirms the findings of the Mottershead Report.

How long till this is leaked out?