Old November 5th 07, 09:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub Chess beat Jester in just 28 Moves !!!

GetClub Chess beat jester in just 28 Moves. Jester was ahead but
GetClub found a Check Mate and won the Game.

White: Jester
Black: Easy Level (GetClub.com Chess)

Recorded game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...974&game=Chess

1.d2-d4 d7-d5
2.c2-c4 e7-e6
3.Nb1-c3 Ng8-f6
4.c4xd5 e6xd5
5.Bc1-g5 Bf8-b4
6.Qd1-b3 Nb8-a6
7.e2-e3 h7-h6
8.Bg5xf6 Qd8xf6
9.Bf1xa6 Bb4xc3+
10.Qb3xc3 Qf6xa6
11.Qc3xc7 Qa6-c6
12.Ra1-c1 Qc6-g6
13.g2-g3 Bc8-e6
14.Ng1-e2 Bc8-g4
15.Qc7xb7 Qg6-d3
16.Rh1-f1 Ra8-b8
17.Qb7-a6 Rb8xb2
18.Qa6-a3 Rf8-e8
19.Qa3-c3 Qe4-f3
20.Rc1-c2 Qf3-g2
21.Rc2-d2 g7-g5
22.Qc3-c7 Rb6-a6
23.b2-b3 Bf5-h3
24.Rf1-g1 O-O-O
25.Qc7-e7 Ra6-f6
26.Ke1-d1 Qf3xf2
27.Qe7-b4 Qf2-f1+
28.Rg1xf1 Rf6xf1

GetClub with Black Pieces wins.

Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...974&game=Chess

And Black wins the Game. GetClub now plays much strong game. And it is
very tough to beat Easy Level. I found Helpbot took 63- moves to win
Easy Level.

So Players now it may Happen that GetClub beats you more often. Still
you can beat the Beginner Level. But Easy & Normal Levels will be
much harder to win.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 5th 07, 09:22 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny wrote:

[...]

(Hides under desk)

So Players now it may Happen that GetClub beats you more often. Still
you can beat the Beginner Level. But Easy & Normal Levels will be
much harder to win.

Sanny, even though GetClub won that game, at move 11
Black appears to have dropped a pawn for nothing (I'm not
using a chess board here).

My question is this: when you test one Java applet program
against another, what ensures that the CPU time will be
divided equally or fairly between them?

I have noticed that the GetClub program is gradually getting
stronger, but it's easy for me to beat on Beginner level simply
because it hasn't enough time to calculate deeply; humans
don't always need to calculate deeply, since position judgment
often suffices.

Also note that in the endgame, your program seems to stay
in "King safety" mode, keeping its King near a corner; this is
suicide! In simple positions, the King /must/ become an
active, even aggressive piece -- otherwise your program is, in
effect, outnumbered two to one (or three to two, etc.).

-- help bot

Old November 5th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Why did it require 28 moves when it should have won on its 16th move?
Perhaps I am missing something but after the opening this
game seems like blunders everywhere. (on both sides)

Old November 5th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Game Played at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

[...]

Amazingly bad play by Jester. In reply to the dreadful 11...Qc6?
(better 11...Be6), any decent human player would have played 12.Qxc6.
Besides the fact that it's generally a good idea to exchange queens
when one is a pawn up, this would saddle Black with a backward pawn on
an open file, and leave c5 permanently weak. By posting his knight
there and/or building up pressure by the rooks against the backward c-
pawn, the win would have been a matter of elementary techniqe.
13.g3? was also a very bad move, weakening the kingside light
squares and making black's bishop far more powerful. White could have
proceeded calmly with 13.Ne2 0-0 14.0-0, since if 13...Qxg2?? 14.Rg1
Qe4 15.Rxg7 and Black is busted. Also good was 13.Qg3.
It is at least to Sanny's credit that his program made some fairly
logical moves to exploit White's self-inflicted weaknesses, even
showing a willingness to sacrifice another pawn to that end
(14...Bg4). By grabbing the pawn with 15.Qxb7?? White really began
losing the game; better were 15.Qf4 or 15.Nc3.

Old November 6th 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 5, 11:12 am, Markus Islinger wrote:

Why did it require 28 moves when it should have won on its 16th move?
Perhaps I am missing something but after the opening this
game seems like blunders everywhere. (on both sides)

I believe Sanny conducts these tests on the lower levels,
where the programs are playing (*relatively*) quickly and
their depth of search is quite shallow. As best I can tell,
the GetClub program still does not utilize the standard
"check and capture" extensions, so any tactics whatever
are too much for it to handle well.

Conducting such a test on the higher levels would tend
to generate better games, but it would be very time-
consuming for the tester.

-- help bot

Old November 6th 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Nov 6, 9:56 am, help bot wrote:
On Nov 5, 11:12 am, Markus Islinger wrote:

Why did it require 28 moves when it should have won on its 16th move?
Perhaps I am missing something but after the opening this
game seems like blunders everywhere. (on both sides)

I believe Sanny conducts these tests on the lower levels,
where the programs are playing (*relatively*) quickly and
their depth of search is quite shallow. As best I can tell,
the GetClub program still does not utilize the standard
"check and capture" extensions, so any tactics whatever
are too much for it to handle well.

Conducting such a test on the higher levels would tend
to generate better games, but it would be very time-
consuming for the tester.

-- help bot

Yes, Testing takes lot of time. Play a game: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Now Easy Level will give good challenge. Try Normal Level May be the
Normal Level wins the Game. I have yet to see if Zebediah can still
beat the Master Level?

Bye
Sanny

Plau Chess.at : http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Old November 6th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Nov 5, 9:38 pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:
On Nov 5, 4:00 am, Sanny wrote:

[...]

losing the game; better were 15.Qf4 or 15.Nc3.- Hide quoted text -

Jester plays very weak. Try a few games between Fritz & Master Level,
Lets see if GetClub can stop the Fritz attack or not.

Start a game: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

I feel now It would not be as easy to beat the Master Level.

Bye
Sanny