Old November 8th 07, 02:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Joel Channing's Retirement World

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchanning
In the process, numerous hours have been spent
by our staff and numerous documents have been found and copied and
given to the people making the allegations.

Joel Channing
Since when? Remember that it was I, not Donna, who first raised this
issue. I brought it up at my first meeting of the board after I had
been elected, which was on August 14, 2006. At every one of the five
meetings I attended as a member of the board, I raised this issue. I
was always promised copies of the documents pertaining to the pension/
profit sharing plan but I never received even one single document,
except that the day before my last meeting as a board member I
received a small envelope of documents, all of which turned out to be
printouts of material previously posted on the Internet.

Also, although I support Donna's investigation, I am on the opposite
side of her in some respects because I have yet to see any proof that
we even have or had a pension or priofit sharing plan. Where are the
documents setting up the plan? Where are the documents showing who
gets the money and where the money is supposed to come from? Do these
documents exist, or were they deposited in the landfill? While I was
on the board the USCF made two payments of about $23,000 each to
former employees. I had been informed that one of these former
employees was not entitled to anything because the person had been
fired before the five year vesting period was up. Why was not this
investigated? Are we such a sloppy organization that we just go around
paying $23,000 to anybody who requests it? No wonder we lost two
million dollars.