Old November 10th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,soc.culture.usa

Default November 3-4, 2007 USCF Executive Board Meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessoffice
At the meeting this past weekend, we concluded
more than an hour ahead of schedule.

Bill Goichberg
That was because nothing got done. The major issues facing the board
and the federation were ignored, with the board acting like the
proverbial ostrich who, when faced with danger, sticks his head in the
sand.

Old November 11th 07, 06:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal,soc.culture.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Payne
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsloan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Payne
am sure things have improved. And I meant no disrepect asking you. I
can only think about my reaction had my bank accounts become frozen.
But let us hope the issue is close to being resolved.
Why are you sure things have improved?

Sam Sloan
Because Sam, there are some very capable members on the
board. Of which you could have been one had you not made wild
statements before you checked them out. I have no doubt you are
concerned about the USCF. And felt that way very strongly. Then
instead of bringing suit against those I thought you had a good case
against , you rambled off bringing suit against the USCF, the State of
Texas , and I can't even remember who all else. You tangent at times
Sam and that hurts your credibility.IMHO
Harry, I am wondering why you feel that I need to "check out" the
other members of the board. I have personally known every member of
the board for more than twenty years, some for more than 40 years,
with the sole exception of Joel Channing, whom I first met when he
first ran for election of 2005. As far as I know, you are a newcomer
who has met them only once. That was at the board meeting on May
21-22, 2007 in Stillwater, Oklahoma that you attended.