Old April 28th 04, 12:33 PM
Margaret Thatcher

Default Pieces appearing as letters in Fritz 8.

I think that this used to happen when I tried to change my display in
F8. I remember that there was a cure.Does anyone remember what the
cure was?
Margaret
Old April 28th 04, 02:29 PM
Euclid

The chess pieces are constructed from special chess fonts. If the fonts
aren't installed correctly, then you may get this problem. I suggest
reinstalling them from the CD. I also suggest first uninstalling their
instances on the hard drive, otherwise you may get duplicate installations.
The latter may not hurt anything but is untidy.
-E

om...