Old November 11th 07, 06:16 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default How do you rank GetClub Chess?

Now Since the GetClub Game is free from Bugs. And It is playing much
stronger. What do players expect from the GetClub Chess.

Do you feel it should play even more strong or are you now satisfied
with the game strength?

Beginner Level is Strong enough for many players.

Easy Level is good challenge to Help Bot.

Normal & Master are still Child for Zebediah. Only Zebediah beats
GetClub Chess like carrots. While Other players I think must be
satisfied with Beginner & Easy Levels. Can other Players still beat
the Normal & Master Level. Or it is just for Zebediah.

I request Taylor Kingston to have a Match between Master & Fritj8 And
let me know the mistakes if any in GetClub Chess. As it is playing
much stronger than before It is very difficult for weak players to
find mistake in the game.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 12th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170 http://KennethRSloan.com/

I visited http://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/ and saw the picture. Are you a
Musician? Nice Site, Why not add some background music on your site.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 12th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

Sanny wrote:
--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170 http://KennethRSloan.com/

I visited http://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/ and saw the picture. Are you a
Musician? Nice Site, Why not add some background music on your site.

Bye
Sanny

Why not add a chess-playing program to your site?

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old November 12th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc
SBD SBD is offline

On Nov 12, 11:32 am, Kenneth Sloan wrote:

Why not add a chess-playing program to your site?

Damn that was good. Bruceski.

Old November 15th 07, 12:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

Sanny wrote:
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170 http://KennethRSloan.com/

I visited http://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/ and saw the picture. Are you a
Musician? Nice Site, Why not add some background music on your site.

Bye
Sanny

Music on sites is one of the most annoying things I find. Using a PC
late at night, go to some web site, and get a lot of noise out of the
computer. If one clicks a music file one should expect this, but the few
sites that do this for not good reason, I find most annoying.

That was one of the many things I disliked about your site, but unlike
others, I have never bothered playing a game. This machine only has dual
1.2 GHz CPUs with a 8 GB of main memory, so I doubt it is capable of
playing a game in a half-sensible time.

Old November 16th 07, 06:06 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer, rec.games.chess.misc

On Nov 15, 5:10 pm, Dave wrote:
Sanny wrote:

Birmingham, AL 35294-1170 http://KennethRSloan.com/

I visitedhttp://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/and saw the picture. Are you a
Musician? Nice Site, Why not add some background music on your site.

Bye
Sanny

Music on sites is one of the most annoying things I find. Using a PC
late at night, go to some web site, and get a lot of noise out of the
computer. If one clicks a music file one should expect this, but the few
sites that do this for not good reason, I find most annoying.

That was one of the many things I disliked about your site, but unlike
others, I have never bothered playing a game. This machine only has dual
1.2 GHz CPUs with a 8 GB of main memory, so I doubt it is capable of
playing a game in a half-sensible time.

Now you can play with Beginenner Level which will always make move in
10-20 seconds. And Max it will take 24-25 seconds for some move.

Play a game: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Now GetClub plays in time it advertises as well as plays strong game.

Bye
Sanny

Old November 16th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc

In rec.games.chess.computer Sanny wrote:

Now you can play with Beginenner Level which will always make move in
10-20 seconds. And Max it will take 24-25 seconds for some move.

Play a game: http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Now GetClub plays in time it advertises as well as plays strong game.

No Blitz games then? I have been starting to play 5-minute chess to try and
get my quick tatical skills up to par ;-)

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

When the ax entered the forest, the trees said, "The handle is one of us!"
-- Turkish proverb
Old November 16th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer, rec.games.chess.misc

What you really want to dos is play Sanny's program on "Master" level.
A rare opportunity to experience what chess was like during the 17th
century era of sitzfleish (the art of winning by taking so long to
move
that your opponent dies of boredom) which resulted in the development
of Chess Clocks!
Old November 16th 07, 07:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer, rec.games.chess.misc

On Nov 16, 9:15 am, wrote:

What you really want to dos is play Sanny's program on "Master" level.
A rare opportunity to experience what chess was like during the 17th
century era of sitzfleish (the art of winning by taking so long to
move
that your opponent dies of boredom) which resulted in the development
of Chess Clocks!

In fact, the move of the Queen was changed to address
the "boring" problem of chess. Now she can go as far as
she likes, in any given direction -- provided no man stands
in her path.

The later problem of an opponent sitting and refusing to
move -- normally the result of a losing position -- came
much later, and so did the invention of the chess clock
and its widespread adoption.

As for Sanny's Master level, most players I would
expect simply open another tab (window) or watch TV.
The problem lies not in actually dying of old age (though
that might /seem/ plausible), but in the fact that one's
attention to the game is always interrupted, after every
single move. How can one to be expected to play one's
best chess if the opponent might not move for hours, or
then again, might move at any time, and yet the TV
episode is right at the point where Clark Kent is caught
up in a tornado saving Lana Lang?

Right now I am in the middle of a game where I got
careless, missing an "obvious" sacrifice against who
knows what level (this game has been in progress for
weeks) at GetClub. My only excuse is that unlike
when I play human opponents, against this machine
I dare not take care and proceed slowly, methodically
on account of the complaint above: I will eventually
die of old age. I struggle to make progress at a rapid
clip, and as the program has improved over time,
this becomes more difficult -- and more dangerous.

Believe it or not, the program has improved a lot,
though it is still no match for any commercial program.

-- help bot