Old April 30th 04, 05:13 PM
n o s p a m p l e a s e

Default Problem with GNUChess [as white] and Gothmog [as black]

I failed to run the above match on winboard. The debug report is
appended below.

GNUChess and Gothmog runs with other programs as white or black without
any problem. When it comes to GNUChess [version 5.07] as white and
Gothmag as black, it lands up into the problem.

I am unable to resolve this problem. Any suggestions!

--
nsp

recognized 'normal' (-1) as variant normal
WinBoard 4.2.7 + GNUChess
Reset(1, 0) from gameMode 0
recognized 'normal' (-1) as variant normal
GameEnds(0, (null), 2)
StartChildProcess (dir="Engines\GNUChess") GNUChess xboard
791 first : xboard
protover 2
1131 first : feature setboard=1 analyze=1 ping=1 draw=0 sigint=0
variants="normal" myname="GNU Chess 5.07" done=1
1131 first : accepted setboard
1131 first : accepted analyze
1131 first : accepted ping
1131 first : accepted draw
1131 first : accepted sigint
1131 first : accepted variants
1131 first : accepted myname
1131 first : accepted done
1141 first : new
random
1141 first : level 0 2 3
1141 first : post
1141 first : hard
1141 first : easy
1141 first : ping 1
1141 first : force
StartChildProcess (dir="Engines\Gothmog") Gothmog
1722 second: xboard
protover 2
Fatal Error: Error writing to second chess program:
The pipe is being closed.

GameEnds(0, (null), 2)
1742 first : quit
1742 second: quit

Old May 1st 04, 01:09 PM
Tord Kallqvist Romstad

"n o s p a m p l e a s e" writes:

I failed to run the above match on winboard. The debug report is
appended below.

GNUChess and Gothmog runs with other programs as white or black without
any problem. When it comes to GNUChess [version 5.07] as white and
Gothmag as black, it lands up into the problem.

I am unable to resolve this problem. Any suggestions!

The problem is probably caused by incompatible versions of
cygwin1.dll. If you check the directories where GNUChess and Gothmog
are installed, you should find a file with this name at both
locations. Replace the older version of the file with the newer one,
and everything should work (I hope).

--
Tord Romstad
Old May 1st 04, 01:29 PM
n o s p a m p l e a s e

In ,
Tord Kallqvist Romstad typed:
"n o s p a m p l e a s e" writes:

I failed to run the above match on winboard. The debug report is
appended below.

GNUChess and Gothmog runs with other programs as white or black
without any problem. When it comes to GNUChess [version 5.07] as
white and Gothmag as black, it lands up into the problem.

I am unable to resolve this problem. Any suggestions!

The problem is probably caused by incompatible versions of
cygwin1.dll. If you check the directories where GNUChess and Gothmog
are installed, you should find a file with this name at both
locations. Replace the older version of the file with the newer one,
and everything should work (I hope).

cygwin1.dll file is there in both the directories. Where do I find the
latest version of this file?
Thanx
--
nsp

Old May 1st 04, 05:45 PM
Simon Waters

n o s p a m p l e a s e wrote:

cygwin1.dll file is there in both the directories.

The suggestion was they be the same version, so replace the older with
the newer - right click and pick properties to get the version number in
MS Windows (I still get to use it sometimes ).

www.cygwin.com will have the latest - but that isn't needed from my
reading of the reply.

Not heard of this problem before, but then I try not to use MS Windows

Old May 1st 04, 06:31 PM
n o s p a m p l e a s e

"n o s p a m p l e a s e" writes:

I failed to run the above match on winboard. The debug report is
appended below.

GNUChess and Gothmog runs with other programs as white or black
without any problem. When it comes to GNUChess [version 5.07] as
white and Gothmag as black, it lands up into the problem.

I am unable to resolve this problem. Any suggestions!

The problem is probably caused by incompatible versions of
cygwin1.dll. If you check the directories where GNUChess and Gothmog
are installed, you should find a file with this name at both
locations. Replace the older version of the file with the newer one,
and everything should work (I hope).

Thanx. It worked. I replaced the older one with new version.

Thanx a lot.

--
nsp