Old May 3rd 04, 02:59 PM
shiva

Default new chessbase files (.cba/.cbh) in old CBDEMO

Hello friends, is it possible to use the new chessbase file formats in
the old CBDEMO? (The date limited version), it doesnt recognise
anything except .cbf and .pgn now
thanks to any one that helps
shiva
Old May 3rd 04, 06:35 PM
HD

Sorry, it is not. You should download CB light from Chessbase. This
doesn't work with .cbf, but with .cbh and .pgn. It also decompress the
compressed Chessbase format .cbv. You can find it under downloads at
their site, and it's a free version with a limit 8000 games per. base.
Except from buying, that's that's the best you can do for now - for all
I know.

HD

Old May 4th 04, 07:56 AM
shiva

Thank you HD
the database that my friend game me is about 85000 games long, so it
didnt open in CB Lite (Showed only 7999 games) I suppose I will have
to get an utility to cut them into smaller databases, do you or any
one know about an utility to take a large database and split it in to
many parts?
Thanks to those who replied
SHiva

Old May 4th 04, 08:09 AM
HD

Well, the problem is still the same. For a utillity to work with .cbh,
it should be able to read it. I really don't believe such a utillity
exist. But if you send the base files to me, I'll spilt it for you, and
return it, so that you can read it all in CB light.

HD