Old May 4th 04, 11:11 PM
A. Giamberardino

Default What's wrong with Chessbase Lite?

Hey all.

Perhaps the subject line is misleading. I've been playing around with
chessbase light for about 2 or 3 months now, entering different games I
played, when someone told me that there is FULL version, which I can get off
the internet for about $160 U.S.

What exactly does it the FULL version have that Chessbase light doesn't? I'v
checked Chessbase's website, but it's given me no information. So far, the
only thing I heard that was remotely close, was that chessbase light will
only handle a max. of 8000 games, which doesn't exactly compel me to shell
out that kind of money. Surely there must be something else that I'm
missing.

Many thanks in advance,

-A. Giamberardino

Old May 5th 04, 05:27 AM
Skip

If you've perused the ChessBase site looking for information, you
already know what the primary differences are - and I am assuming you
looked through some of the Steve Lopez T-Notes which are there. There's
a lot of information. IMO.

If you are happy with ChessBase Lite the way it is, and its' limit of
8000 games, save your money and stick with it. Later, you may feel the
need for something more. Regards.

Old May 8th 04, 05:34 PM
Euclid

The Fritz8/Shredder8/etc GUI has many of the same database operations as
Chessbase8, and it's a lot cheaper, plus you get a modern engine. I have
both. I use the GUI constantly, but Chessbase less than once per month.
Chessbase isn't cost effective unless you're actively managing some big
database systems that require it. Most people don't need it.
-E

. ..