Old May 8th 04, 02:28 PM
dan foley

Default Chessbase 8.0 - Fritz Analysis Window

I am having difficulty with this. The analysis window is narrow and
can only be adjusted so far.

Is there a way to make the text of Fritz's analysis wrap so that it
fits in the window? I have to use a scrollbar to see it all and that
either moves too fast or too slow. I have tried help and i can't find
this subject.

Thanks,
Dan
Old May 9th 04, 01:54 PM
HD

Just little confused about the clocks in Chessbase 8... :-)
Except from that, the gamewindow in both Chessbase 8 and in the Fritz
GUI works very much the same way.

HD

CeeBee skrev:
(dan foley) wrote in rec.games.chess.computer:

I am having difficulty with this. The analysis window is narrow and
can only be adjusted so far.

Is there a way to make the text of Fritz's analysis wrap so that it
fits in the window? I have to use a scrollbar to see it all and that
either moves too fast or too slow. I have tried help and i can't find

Pick up the engine output window (I guess you're referring to that) and
drag it across the screen. Locate your mouse pointer on the splitter until
you see a hand appear. You'll see various formats pop up as an outline.
Drag it along until you see it cover the bottowhole width. In the example
below I disabled the clocks to have it screenwide.

http://www.geocities.com/ceebee_2/pic/analysis_wide.jpg
(237Kb)

Remember to save your various layouts if you don't want to be stuck with
it all the time.

Such a long PV might look impressive. Remember though that those last
moves are most of the time hardly of any importance. The longer the line,
the cruder the last moves.

Old May 10th 04, 11:52 AM
dan foley

HD wrote in message .dk...

Except from that, the gamewindow in both Chessbase 8 and in the Fritz
GUI works very much the same way.

HD

This doesn't really help me...can you please be more specific? What
do you actually do? Telling me it works the same as something I've
never even heard of isn't very useful to me.

Thanks,
Dan