Old May 8th 04, 06:29 PM
Narcyz Knap

Default Fritz8 Opening Book

Hi there,
I am a happy user of Fritz8 though I have a feeling that its Opening Book (I
am using Fritz8.ctg file or something) lacks a kind of important feature,
especially for a beginner like myself. I mean the names (terminology) of the
certain opening just being listed. How do I know what the name of some
opening is after a given amount of moves, not to mention the names of
possible variations. The other problem is finding transpositions of the
opening lines crossing between themselves. Has anybody met with a similar
problem? I would be thankful for your hints and suggestions.
Kind regards,
Narcyz

Old May 9th 04, 04:45 PM
Narcyz Knap

CeeBee wrote:
Tools options show opening will show you the name of the opening
in the stats line when playing through the opening.

Thanks, now I see the name of the opening in the status bar, though they do
not seem to be too much precise. Anyway better tis than nothing

Saving your game and installing a small opening key in the same
database will show you the common English names of the openings of
each game.

Do you think I am to install anything else if I already have the names in
the status bar as written above. Maybe I could make them more detailed or
something. Would you please tell me how to check which the opening key is
already installed and possibly instal the new one?
Thanks again. Regards,
Narcyz

Old May 10th 04, 04:19 PM
Narcyz Knap

CeeBee wrote:
Check the opening tab in the database window. With a custom database
there's no opening key present. Choose tools classification
install key. Choose the small key.

Thanks so much CeeBee!!! It worked very nice for me From all that I can
gather, it seems that the installed opening key is kind of independent of
the database being used, right? Anyway, thanks again, pal.
Best regards,
Narcyz