Old November 27th 07, 11:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default mamer and similar programs

Hi all!

mamer is an acronymous for MAnage ME R.
It is a program on Internet Chess Server acting as
referee in chess tourneys on the internet.
It looks very nice.

I found easily the sources , for OS Linux, mamer.tgz
but it's not portable and I couldn't compile it.

Can someone tell me what are the main programs, possibly open source,
computing the combining in swiss and/or italian pairing for chess
tournaments , the final list and so on .... ?

thanks , GB
Old November 27th 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 12:43:35 +0100, Giancarlo Bassi
wrote:

Hi all!

mamer is an acronymous for MAnage ME R.
It is a program on Internet Chess Server acting as
referee in chess tourneys on the internet.
It looks very nice.

I found easily the sources , for OS Linux, mamer.tgz
but it's not portable and I couldn't compile it.

Can someone tell me what are the main programs, possibly open source,
computing the combining in swiss and/or italian pairing for chess
tournaments , the final list and so on .... ?

thanks , GB

Swiss Perfect is probably the best known software for handling swiss
pairings, etc. There is a free older DOS version, but the newer
Windows version runs as a 30 day trial. It's not open source, sorry.

There are some other programs out there that perform similar tasks. A
couple of them are listed here, including some freeware programs:

http://www.enpassant.dk/chess/softeng.htm#TL

Tony