Old May 11th 04, 11:13 PM
Nonyz

Default Attn Mike Leahy: Bookup is spyware

I have received a few mails from people telling me that your program
Bookup, contains spyware/malware and corrupted their Windows
installation. One of them even claimed that the program completely
corrupted his Windows registry and he had to reset the whole system
(reinstall Windows and other programs.) He did say however, that he
was able to recover most of his data files (Word & Excel documents.)
These guys mailed me looking for some old anti-CDs coz they had to
reinstall some programs. A parallel case of a program destroying the
users system was Kazaalite (peer to peer program) - one of its
releases was known to completely cripple the users systems. Is this
problem pertinent to a specific OS, all three people who mailed me
replied that they were using Windows XP.

Regards,
Nonyz.
Old May 12th 04, 06:59 AM
none

Nonyz wrote:
I have received a few mails from people telling me that your program
Bookup, contains spyware/malware and corrupted their Windows
installation. One of them even claimed that the program completely
corrupted his Windows registry and he had to reset the whole system
(reinstall Windows and other programs.) He did say however, that he
was able to recover most of his data files (Word & Excel documents.)
These guys mailed me looking for some old anti-CDs coz they had to
reinstall some programs. A parallel case of a program destroying the
users system was Kazaalite (peer to peer program) - one of its
releases was known to completely cripple the users systems. Is this
problem pertinent to a specific OS, all three people who mailed me
replied that they were using Windows XP.

Regards,
Nonyz.

So it contains spyware/malware and corrupts installations and corrupts
the windows registry. And all this based on anecdotal heresay.
Clown.

Old May 12th 04, 05:19 PM
Mike Leahy

"Nonyz" wrote in message
om...
I have received a few mails from people telling me that your program
Bookup, contains spyware/malware

I find it hard to believe that even one person would email you about Bookup
containing malware before anyone would email me. No one has emailed me.

Names? Evidence of any sort? Anything is possible.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com

Old May 13th 04, 03:01 AM
Nonyz

"Mike Leahy" wrote in message y.com...
"Nonyz" wrote in message
om...
I have received a few mails from people telling me that your program
Bookup, contains spyware/malware

I find it hard to believe that even one person would email you about Bookup
containing malware before anyone would email me. No one has emailed me.

I'm not suggesting that Bookup contains malware, just that people seem
to have had problems (specifically those using Windows XP) that
crippled their systems.
Maybe the program meddles with parts of the Windows registry that
should be left alone. You may want to look into this.

Names? Evidence of any sort?

I have never bothered to use the program, so I personally wouldn't
know. I have heard this mentioned about Bookup (that it cripples the
users system) from time to time by users who mailed me to ask for old
anti-cds. All of them claimed to have tried to run your freeware and
all of them ran Windows XP. Once again, does this problem occur just
with XP or does it affect other OSs too?
I remember the name of the last person who mailed me, Tracy Baxter, if
that helps.

Regards,
Nonyz.
Old May 14th 04, 05:18 PM
Daniel Lidstrom

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:19:59 +0000, Mike Leahy wrote:

"Nonyz" wrote in message
om...
I have received a few mails from people telling me that your program
Bookup, contains spyware/malware

I find it hard to believe that even one person would email you about Bookup
containing malware before anyone would email me. No one has emailed me.

Names? Evidence of any sort? Anything is possible.

This post looks a lot like another post I've seen from you (if my memory
serves me right). I don't understand why you are still replying to those
individuals. Do you actually think they will ever respond honestly?

--
Daniel