Old December 3rd 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess, misc.legal

Default Is this a Threat by Susan Polgar to sue the USCF ???

It would be irresponsible for me to comment on the legal details.
However, all I can say is I have never seen such conducts in my 34
years in chess. I am not sure if it is legal (and we will soon find
out) or not but it is definite unethical.

My action will depend on how the other 5 board members choose to
proceed with their lawyer(s) in the upcoming weeks and months. I am
prepared to produce solid evidence going back to my announcement to
run for the board and perhaps even further back. The biggest problem
so far has been leaks of confidential information, even as late as
days or weeks ago. I have questioned the board regarding some of these
issues and I was told to address their lawyer(s).

I have made an official proposal to the board which will save the
USCF tens and thousands and perhaps even hundreds of thousands of
dollars in legal fees. Once that is resolved, we can proceed to take
care of other urgent matters which are vital to the health of this
federation. The other option is to drag this out in court for the next
few years. It is up to them and their lawyer(s) on how to proceed.

I have asked the President to remove himself from this process due
to a serious conflict of interest but he has refused. I also feel that
he should not have been involved in any discussion regarding various
bids for national events since he owns CCA (Continental Chess).

Soon, the simple question of finances will come up. How much has
this board spent on legal fees, deductibles and insurance so far (my
estimation is at least $35,000 - $40,000 / $15,000 internet insurance,
$10,000 deductibles, $5,000 to one lawyer + $ to the USCF regular
lawyer) and how much more are they willing to go when we have no money
to spare for the Olympiad, US Championship, World Youth, College Final
Four, etc.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
Sunday, December 02, 2007 12:55:00 PM

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2007...pen-forum.html
Old December 3rd 07, 06:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess, misc.legal

On Dec 3, 7:20 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan,

Perhaps this is a threat. She clearly has an axe to grind. Not fun,
any more, being at the top, is it?

Marcus Roberts
Old December 5th 07, 09:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess, misc.legal

http://susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2007...pen-forum.html

The comments on the above blog show "anonymous" posters encouraging
Susan Polgar to file a lawsuit against Bill Goichberg and possibly the
USCF. One should be aware of the fact that Susan actively moderates
her blog and no posting can appear there without her permission. Thus,
a stream of letters on her blog egging her on to file a suit has to
mean that she is actively considering or actively threatening doing
this.

Here are some of the comments on her blog in the last day:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Susan about Bill Goichberg. It's a serious conflict
of interest to run the USCF and CCA at once. But this is the history
of Bill going back for many years.

I'm also interested to know how much has the uscf wasted for this
latest Sam Sloan's disgraceful lawsuit?

We know $15K for the internet insurance is correct. That was
mentioned by Channing. We also know the deductible is $10K. So the
question is how much more?

Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:20:00 PM

Paul said...

I can't find polite words strong enough to reflect how sickened I
am over the recent activities of crowd that now infests r.g.c.p.

These people seem to be willing to bring the USCF to a complete
halt to satisfy their personal agendas. And the head rabble-rouser is
a person who had run for office. His current actives clearly reflect
his commitment to the members of the USCF.

Monday, December 03, 2007 11:29:00 AM

Another USCF Lifer said...

You should have left the comment from that idiot on to show the
chess community how these people operate. Don't give up Susan.
Continue your fight. We're behind you all the way.

Monday, December 03, 2007 1:33:00 PM

Sick of the USCF said...

Slap a couple multimillion dollar lawsuits on Goichberg and his
gang and they'll never pull crap like this again. You should never
give in to any of them. There are enough things in writing out there
that you can nail them on. Susan, fight for all of us. Otehrwise,
things will never get better.

Monday, December 03, 2007 8:19:00 PM

Loves chess more than life said...

Create a fund to go after these destroyers of chess! I will send
the first $100 !!!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 12:08:00 AM
Old December 7th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess

Default Who Gives a ****?

JHC
Old December 7th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess

On Dec 5, 4:30 am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Stop hijacking threads