Old December 4th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics, rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess

Default Biased appointments to the moderation teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory
We have had one of the worst episodes, that I have
seen anyway, of political smear and attack, and yet, members that have
taken a definitive stand against two of our EB members are recently
appointed to manage our forums.

With everything that has happened, one would think that it is crucial
to at least appear to be even handed and non-biased with the
appointments to the moderation teams. Unfortunately, this was not
done, and a case could very well be made that the forums are being
used by the President, and the ED for political means.

Something is wrong with this picture.

Gregory

A former USCF FOC member and moderator
I am glad that we agree 100% on this for a change, a rare occurrence.

The appointment of moderators Herbert Rodney Vaughn a/k/a tanstaafl,
Gregory Alexander and Tim Sawmiller, who have long been known to be
vehemently hostile and who have taken a definitive stand against two
of our EB members, Sam Sloan and Beatriz Marinello, is indeed
outrageous, especially when Vaughn, Alexander and Sawmiller have been
involved in one of the worst episodes, that I have seen anyway, of
political smear and attack.

There can be no doubt that the USCF Issues forums are being used by
the President and the ED to smear their opponents for political means.