Old May 13th 04, 02:17 PM
newman

Default A message for our spammer friend.

I would like to offer a deal to this character who is slightly
obsessed with "Bookup." If you stop spamming these groups, I promise
never to purchase bookup. I will tell all my friends and enemies that
if you install Bookup on your pc, you will probably go to hell when
you die.

Every day I will make it a point to think not-nice thoughts about this
Mike Leahy person that you have been ranting about. I will make a
protest of all his misdeeds by playing out of the book on move 1 in
the rest of my tournament games.

I urge you to accept this generous offer. If anyone else can come up
with ideas to appease our victimized spammer, please post them so we
can get some relief from his ubiquitous message.

You have got to be one of the most annoying people in the history of
the internet - not an easy accomplishment, I can assure you. In the
name of all that is holy, STOP!
btw - Mike Leahy, if you are reading this, I love your program! Keep
up the good work.
Old May 13th 04, 03:36 PM
yves

As in bad newsgroup style, but important for our spammer, I agree. I
will never purchase bookup with this id if the spammer just stops
spamming this newgroup.
Old May 14th 04, 12:26 AM
@.

newman says...

[...]

I hear that having multiple people report the spam to the abuse
address found in the headers of the spam does wonders...

Old May 14th 04, 05:14 PM
Daniel Lidstrom

On Thu, 13 May 2004 06:17:41 -0700, newman wrote:

[...]

Here's an idea you might try. Get yourself a newsreader that has filtering
support. Then whenever you see spam, create a filter to ignore all posts
from the domain of that spam. Really works wonders for me. Of course there
is a small risk of never seeing valuable posts from other people of the
same domain, but I say it is a rather small price to pay. Besides, you'll
probably see those posts anyway in quoted replies from other people.

--
Daniel