Old May 17th 04, 04:55 AM

Default Think Like a King

I am looking for unbiased reviews on Think Like a King software. Is it any
good? Please provide both positive and negative aspects of the software.

David Bohm

Old May 17th 04, 08:25 AM

Thank you. I had already read that review. I was looking for people that
have real experience with the product rather than someone that just used it
once to perform a review of the product. I volunteer at a local K-8 school
running a chess club. I am a class A player and was looking for a program
of study to use with the chess club. The most appealing part of this
software was the achievement levels and the testing for those achievement
levels. I am also interested in the books to follow for a plan of
education.

Are there other programs of study out there for use with a scholastic chess
club?

David Bohm

"SethB" wrote in message
. ..
In article [email protected], says...
I am looking for unbiased reviews on Think Like a King software. Is it

any
good? Please provide both positive and negative aspects of the

software.

David Bohm

I never heard of the program but curious enough to look it up. A quick
Google search points to a review at the ChessCafe website. I've thought
their reviews are good and unbiased. They've never given me a bum steer
yet.

http://www.chesscafe.com/text/review364.pdf

The review was interesting and reasonably thorough. I think has enough
detail to make a "buy" "don't buy" decision.

Old May 18th 04, 04:34 PM
Chess 4 a Living

Hi,

I have used Think Like a King products with my students in 5-8 grade
and have had reat success. Here is a link to their demo for PCs, give
it a whirl:

http://www.schoolchess.com/download/cw_demo_setup.exe

I have found that Chess School for Beginners by Convekta is an
excellent training program also. Her is a link to that program:

http://www.chesscentral.com/software...r-training.htm

Regards,

chess4aliving