Old May 17th 04, 12:55 PM
newman

Default fritz 8 question

I have created a new database in Fritz 8. After I enter games into
the database they all appear under the first index labeled "Games."
For the life of me I can not figure out how to make entries that will
be listed under other indexes (e.g. "tactics" "strategy" etc...).

Can someone please help as the manuel is grossly incomplete.

Thx

Old May 18th 04, 12:40 PM
henri Arsenault

Corrrect me if I'm wrong, but this is not a question of keys but of
databases. There are a number of databases already defined in Fritz
(such as "my internet games"), and if you want a game to go into this
database, you have to open the database. If the database does not
already exist, then you have to create a new database.

Go to the database window and open the database you want. Then do "save
as" and check that the database that is shown is the one you want (I
think that this is the case by default). The "save as" command will
allow you to save the game in any database you want as "save as" does
for any other program like for example Microsoft word.

But the database must exist, and you must be able to find it - when you
create a new database, make sure that it goes with the other existing
ones to make it easier to find.

Henri