Old December 12th 07, 10:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default Randy Bauer continues to evade

Not only that. He continues to show his character for what it is, to wit, a
sarcastic little man who has ego issues.

"The Historian" wrote in message
On Dec 10, 6:51 am, samsloan wrote:
But at least he says something, unlike the other board members who
have stopped communicating with the general membership altogether:

by Randy Bauer on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:01 am #82854

DACP (Donna Alarie) wrote:

Perhaps you can then explain what Ms. Polgar meant by this in her
post on her open forum last Saturday:

SusanPolgar said...
I can't give you those answers because I do not have them. Perhaps
you should ask the other 5 board members or the ED because we have
been isolated from their activities.

We were instructed to address questions and communications through
their lawyer.

Now that I see first hand how the USCF functions, I understand why
this federation has had severe financial difficulties for many years.

Best wishes,
Susan Polgar
http://www.ChessDiscussion.com

So, are all 7 Board members talking to each other and conducting
business as usual? Is Ms. Polgar and Mr. Truong isolated from the
other 5 Board members activities?

Why haven't there been any BINFO's for a few weeks? Nothing to
discuss?

Then on December 2, Ms. Polgar said:

I have made an official proposal to the board which will save the
USCF tens and thousands and perhaps even hundreds of thousands of
dollars in legal fees.
So, USCF will be spending perhaps hundreds of thousands of dollars
in legal fees? What is the result of the "official proposal". And sind
it is an "official proposal" made by the Chairman, why is it not in
the BINFO's?

Also, perhaps there's an answer to the follow up question to the
official statement made by USCF at the beginning of October as to
being in the process of hiring a forensic expert. Whatever happened to
that?

As far as being patient and waiting, USCF members have been
waiting since the end of September for a resolution to this issue.
It's been over two months. How much longer would you like USCF members
to wait? Any ballpark answer would be fine...last we heard, the
official statement said a matter of weeks not months...

It's really hard to follow your posts when you don't stick to the
forum convention which involves statements and indents.

My basic answers:

Ms. Alarie has not posted anything that disputes my belief that there
is not "Board Paralysis." We continue to conduct necessary business.
The USCF continues to function. I talk all the time with Board members
on issues of importance.

I've already answered Ms. Alarie's questions about hiring a forensic
expert.

I seem to have seen a BINFO about the monthlyl membership numbers. I
don't view their presence or absence as indicative of anything. When I
followed them on the last Board, they were usually based on the latest
claim by Sam Sloan.

I have also previously answered the issue about length of time to
resolution about the issue at hand - it's not an 'on demand' world
except in IBM commercials. Some of those who are quick to rush in
should take more chess lessons. Hedgehog, anyone?

The other issues, if I could pick them out of that garbled blue and
black, are mostly about legal threats or claims that I'll leave to
lawyers without an exe to grind to answer.

Randy Bauer

Typical chess politician stuff.

Old December 12th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

The Historian wrote:
On Dec 12, 5:35 am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
Not only that. He continues to show his character for what it is, to wit, a
sarcastic little man who has ego issues.

Where is the promised confirmation of the Mottershead Report?

I would settle for some independent analysis. I thought we were going
to see something by now. I can't imagine what has happened to it. Has
someone swept it under the carpet and looked the other way?
--

Cheers,
Rev. J.D. Walker, MsD, U.C.

"By the way, where is the Promised Analysis of the Mottershead
Report?"
Old December 12th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

"The Historian" wrote in message
On Dec 12, 5:35 am, "B. Lafferty" wrote:
Not only that. He continues to show his character for what it is, to
wit, a
sarcastic little man who has ego issues.

Where is the promised confirmation of the Mottershead Report?

We're waiting for it. When we have word we'll let everyone know.