Old May 26th 04, 12:05 AM
JeffS

Default Tiger 15

Yeah...the Tiger engine doesn't seem to be in the same class as Fritz,
Shredder,
Junior, etc.

"Chaos" wrote in message
I have Chess Tiger 15, purchased from Chessbase running under the Fritz

GUI.
This engine is supposed to be stronger than Chess Tiger 14. I have not

found
this to be so, and as time goes on the difference seems to be more

noticeable to
me. For instance, in a just finished tournament, Tiger 14 finished with

+4, -0,
=8 winning it's individual match up vs Tiger 15 1.5 - .5, while Tiger 15

ended
with a score of +1, -6, =5. While in this case the results may have been

due to
Tiger 15 using the "Aggressive" parameter, this kind of result against the
better engines seems not unusual; i.e. Tiger 14 seems to do better than

Tiger 15
even using the default parameters.

Has anyone else experienced similar results?

Is there a patch I may have overlooked and need to download/install that

anyone
may be aware of?

dayffd

I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that
are someone else's fault.

Old May 26th 04, 12:36 AM
Tord Kallqvist Romstad

Chaos writes:

Has anyone else experienced similar results?

Yes. When you play so few games, everything is possible. It is not
at all unusual that the stronger version ends up far behind in such a
short tournament.

If you want to measure the difference in playing strength between
Tiger 14 and 15, you will have to play hundreds of games. It's
painful, but there is no other way.

--
Tord Romstad