ChessBanter

ChessBanter (https://www.chessbanter.com/)
-   rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) (https://www.chessbanter.com/rec-games-chess-computer-computer-chess/)
-   -   programming chess rules (https://www.chessbanter.com/rec-games-chess-computer-computer-chess/3274-programming-chess-rules.html)

raiTA May 27th 04 06:55 PM

programming chess rules

Hello, I'm about to make an play-online community for chess, and am
looking for the source-codes of validating chess-moves, and detecting
checkmate etc.. A sourceforge-project named WebChess have such chess
rules, but are missing out on stalemate-checking, and has quite a lot
of bugs. Do you know any place that have what i'm looking for?
Preferably in PHP, but any language can do.

Cheers, raiTA

Cesar A. K. Grossmann May 27th 04 09:22 PM

programming chess rules

raiTA wrote:

Hello, I'm about to make an play-online community for chess, and am
looking for the source-codes of validating chess-moves, and detecting
checkmate etc..

I think that the code of Crafty is enought debugged at this part. IIRC,
it is in C.

ftp://ftp.cis.uab.edu/pub/hyatt

About the webchess, I'm playing at http://chess.comp.pucpcaldas.br/, and
found a nasty bug: it cannot detect perpetual or offer an option to
declare a game a draw for perpetual. I don't know if the programmer had
corrected that, but...

[]s
--
..O. Cesar A. K. Grossmann ICQ UIN: 35659423
...O http://www.LinuxByGrossmann.cjb.net/

Tommy May 27th 04 11:32 PM

programming chess rules

"raiTA" wrote

Hello, I'm about to make an play-online community for chess, and am
looking for the source-codes of validating chess-moves, and detecting
checkmate etc.. A sourceforge-project named WebChess have such chess
rules, but are missing out on stalemate-checking, and has quite a lot
of bugs. Do you know any place that have what i'm looking for?
Preferably in PHP, but any language can do.

there is loads of play-online communities for chess....
first make sure it is useful to start a new one....
then... moves and checkmates etc... are easy! If you tell us what move or
thing in particular you want (and is giving you troubles) we/I can help!

Tommy