Old May 27th 04, 06:55 PM
raiTA

Default programming chess rules

Hello, I'm about to make an play-online community for chess, and am
looking for the source-codes of validating chess-moves, and detecting
checkmate etc.. A sourceforge-project named WebChess have such chess
rules, but are missing out on stalemate-checking, and has quite a lot
of bugs. Do you know any place that have what i'm looking for?
Preferably in PHP, but any language can do.

Cheers, raiTA
Old May 27th 04, 09:22 PM
Cesar A. K. Grossmann

raiTA wrote:

Hello, I'm about to make an play-online community for chess, and am
looking for the source-codes of validating chess-moves, and detecting
checkmate etc..

I think that the code of Crafty is enought debugged at this part. IIRC,
it is in C.

ftp://ftp.cis.uab.edu/pub/hyatt

About the webchess, I'm playing at http://chess.comp.pucpcaldas.br/, and
found a nasty bug: it cannot detect perpetual or offer an option to
declare a game a draw for perpetual. I don't know if the programmer had
corrected that, but...

[]s
--
..O. Cesar A. K. Grossmann ICQ UIN: 35659423
...O http://www.LinuxByGrossmann.cjb.net/
Old May 27th 04, 11:32 PM
Tommy

"raiTA" wrote

Hello, I'm about to make an play-online community for chess, and am
looking for the source-codes of validating chess-moves, and detecting
checkmate etc.. A sourceforge-project named WebChess have such chess
rules, but are missing out on stalemate-checking, and has quite a lot
of bugs. Do you know any place that have what i'm looking for?
Preferably in PHP, but any language can do.

there is loads of play-online communities for chess....
first make sure it is useful to start a new one....
then... moves and checkmates etc... are easy! If you tell us what move or
thing in particular you want (and is giving you troubles) we/I can help!

Tommy