Old May 29th 04, 10:56 PM
Arthur

Default Fritz 6 versus Windows XP

I've been using Fritz 6 with Windows 98 for several years. Now I have a new
computer with Windows XP and I want to install the same Fritz 6.

1. Is it "safe" to do so, or will I encounter problems?
2. If I do install Fritz 6, are there any "special" precautions?

Thanks for any help in this matter.

Arthur

Old May 30th 04, 05:59 AM
Bolander

I've been using Fritz 6 with Windows 98 for several years. Now I have a new
computer with Windows XP and I want to install the same Fritz 6.

1. Is it "safe" to do so, or will I encounter problems?
2. If I do install Fritz 6, are there any "special" precautions?

Did same thing - works fine.
Old May 30th 04, 05:09 PM
Arthur

Thanks for replies....just installed Fritz 6 with Windows XP---works just
fine. Only problem: Fritz 6 does not show up in list for Add or Delete
Programs (in Control Panel). If I ever want to uninstall, how would I do
it?

Arthur

Old May 31st 04, 12:52 AM
Bolander

Thanks for replies....just installed Fritz 6 with Windows XP---works just
fine. Only problem: Fritz 6 does not show up in list for Add or Delete
Programs (in Control Panel). If I ever want to uninstall, how would I do
it?

Did the same thing as you, however, the program *IS* in the "Add/Delete"
section of the control panel.

I would not recommend the alternative --- manual deletion of files, file
types, and registry entries. Try and find a way to make the Add/Delete
thing work, if possible.

You could try installing Fritz6 again, over your new installation, using
the original install disk. See if it shows up. In mine, it's listed as
"Fritz6".

However, before you do this, make sure you have the Fritz6 update(s) to
apply to this new installation, if you need them. I don't think
ChessBase supplies these anymore. I think the last "patch" was dated May
12, 2001. I don't recall what "improvement" was added.

Sorry to not be of more help.