Old January 22nd 08, 05:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default New version of Scid Pocket

Hi,

I released Scid Pocket 0.39 at http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/PPC.html
(Scid port to the Pocket PC platform).

More engines have been ported (Scorpio and Greko for example), playing
on freechess.org (FICS) and Novag Citrine board are now supported.

I managed to play games with the Citrine on FICS, but as this board is
not the most reliable, I would not play rated / fast games with it ;-)
The connection between Citrine board and Pocket PC is easily set up with
a Bluetooth/Serial adapter.

Pascal
Old January 24th 08, 05:45 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:55:07 +0100, Pascal wrote:

Hi,

I released Scid Pocket 0.39 at http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/PPC.html
(Scid port to the Pocket PC platform).

More engines have been ported (Scorpio and Greko for example), playing
on freechess.org (FICS) and Novag Citrine board are now supported.

I managed to play games with the Citrine on FICS, but as this board is
not the most reliable, I would not play rated / fast games with it ;-)
The connection between Citrine board and Pocket PC is easily set up with
a Bluetooth/Serial adapter.

Pascal

Have you a palm version?
Old January 24th 08, 05:11 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

a écrit :
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:55:07 +0100, Pascal wrote:

Hi,

I released Scid Pocket 0.39 at
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/PPC.html
(Scid port to the Pocket PC platform).

More engines have been ported (Scorpio and Greko for example), playing
on freechess.org (FICS) and Novag Citrine board are now supported.

I managed to play games with the Citrine on FICS, but as this board is
not the most reliable, I would not play rated / fast games with it ;-)
The connection between Citrine board and Pocket PC is easily set up with
a Bluetooth/Serial adapter.

Pascal

Have you a palm version?

No, there is no chance for a Palm version.
Maybe you could give Palm OpenChess a try.

Pascal