Old January 30th 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess, rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub Chess improved again.

Good day. And really a good day for me. As today GetClub Chess was
further improved now it plays much better than it used to yesterday.
Atleast 3-4 times better than it was 2 days back.

Now you will feel as if the GetClub Chess is playing like a Wind. And
all your pieces get toppled by GetClub smart moves.

It was because of Suggestions from Help bot, Ralf Callenberg and
Martin Brown that GetClub Chess was further improved.

Now most of the players will not be able to win Beginner Level. But I
think Help Bot may still beat Beginner Level as yesterday he managed
to beat the Master Level. Looks like just as GetClub Chess is
improving. Help Bots game is also improving. Its long time I have not
seen Help Bot defeat.

I think it was because he got infection in his eyes that he lost a few
games at GetClub. Now again he is on Killing Spree.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 30th 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Jan 30, 9:57 am, Sanny wrote:

Now most of the players will not be able to win Beginner Level.

Which, philosophically, I believe is just the wrong way to do things.

You can't call it 'Beginner' or even 'Easy' level if it's going to
defeat 'most players'... By definition, 'Beginner' should *not* play
very strongly, and 'Easy' should be fairly easy to beat by someone
with reasonable skill.

I don't know if your statements are true or not, just that they
*shouldn't* be.

My opinion, of course...
Old January 31st 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Now most of the players will not be able to win Beginner Level.

Which, philosophically, I believe is just the wrong way to do things.

Yes for some people Beginner is very difficult to win, Wjile for
others they keep complaining the Game plays bad. So it is very
difficult to say The game is good or bad.

You can't call it 'Beginner' or even 'Easy' level if it's going to
defeat 'most players'... By definition, 'Beginner' should *not* play
very strongly, and 'Easy' should be fairly easy to beat by someone
with reasonable skill.

The players playing at GetClub Chess are very different some are 2000+
rating while others are just 1100-1200. So Strong plays keep saying
improve it further and weak player do not like being beaten everytime.

Bye
Sanny

Old January 31st 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Jan 31, 5:02*pm, Sanny wrote:
Now most of the players will not be able to win Beginner Level.

Which, philosophically, I believe is just the wrong way to do things.

Yes for some people Beginner is very difficult to win, Wjile for
others they keep complaining the Game plays bad. So it is very
difficult to say The game is good or bad.

You have (at least) two different audiences commenting here. Club
players who are inclined to torture the poor thing and find its weak
spots, and casual players that it will probably now be able to hammer
into the ground.

You can't call it 'Beginner' or even 'Easy' level if it's going to
defeat 'most players'... By definition, 'Beginner' should *not* play
very strongly, and 'Easy' should be fairly easy to beat by someone
with reasonable skill.

The players playing at GetClub Chess are very different some are 2000+
rating while others are just 1100-1200. So Strong plays keep saying
improve it further and weak player do not like being beaten everytime.

It may be time to add a quicker shallower search Easy level (~6 ply)
for casual players.
Beginner is starting to get fairly plausible now and it would be a
shame to compromise it.

If you added correct swapoff value code and singular extensions I
reckon it would be a lot tougher and not much slower. I think both are
discussed in reasonable detail in the Deep Blue IBM article I posted a
reference to last week.

Regards,
Martin Brown
Old January 31st 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc, alt.chess, rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default An Interesting Game

On Jan 31, 11:31 pm, Martin Brown
wrote:
On Jan 31, 5:02 pm, Sanny wrote:

[...]

Today a very interesting game was played betweeb Beginner & Jester
after a long fight Beginner lost the battle with black pieces.

Look at the White King how much travel it does. It has gone nearly all
postions of the board. from down to top as if the King is travelling
in a park. But at last it Won.

Game Played between sanjay11 and beginner at GetClub.com

Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...385&game=Chess

White -- Black
(Jester) -- (beginner)

1. e2-e4{4} e7-e6{0}
2. d2-d4{8} d7-d5{0}
3. e4-e5{6} c7-c5{0}
4. c2-c3{4} Qd8-b6{0}
5. Ng1-e2{10} Nb8-c6{22}
6. f2-f4{12} Ng8-h6{6}
7. g2-g3{12} Bc8-d7{6}
8. h2-h3{10} Nh6-f5{6}
9. g3-g4{10} Nf5-h4{22}
10. b2-b3{10} Nh4-f3{12}
11. Ke1-f2{8} Nf3-h4{12}
12. Kf2-g3{10} Bf8-e7{10}
13. Bc1-a3{12} Ke8-g8{8}
14. Ba3-c5{16} Be7-c5{8}
15. Kg3-h4{10} Bc5-e7{8}
16. Kh4-g3{10} h7-h6{12}
17. Nb1-d2{10} Qb6-c7{22}
18. a2-a4{10} a7-a6{6}
19. Bf1-g2{12} Ra8-c8{10}
20. Kg3-h2{14} Be7-d8{8}
21. Qd1-c2{12} f7-f5{14}
22. Rh1-b1{14} f5-g4{8}
23. h3-g4{10} Nc6-d4{20}
24. Ne2-d4{16} Rf8-f4{16}
25. Qc2-g6{14} Qc7-e5{18}
26. Kh2-h1{12} Rc8-c3{8}
27. Nd4-f3{12} Qe5-f6{12}
28. Qg6-h5{10} Bd7-c6{6}
29. g4-g5{10} h6-g5{6}
30. Rb1-e1{20} g7-g6{14}
31. Qh5-h6{12} Bd8-e7{6}
32. Kh1-g1{10} Be7-d8{12}
33. Ra1-b1{10} Bd8-c7{12}
34. Rb1-d1{10} Bc7-d6{6}
35. Re1-f1{16} Bd6-b4{16}
36. Qh6-g5{10} Qf6-g5{10}
37. Nf3-g5{10} Bb4-c5{6}
38. Kg1-h2{10} Bc5-d6{22}
39. Kh2-g1{10} Bd6-c5{14}
40. Kg1-h2{10} Rf4-h4{16}
41. Ng5-h3{12} Bc5-d6{6}
42. Kh2-g1{12} Rc3-h3{6}
43. Bg2-h3{10} Rh4-h3{10}
44. Rf1-f6{10} Bd6-c5{14}
45. Kg1-g2{10} Rh3-e3{12}
46. Rf6-g6{10} Kg8-h7{14}
47. Rg6-g3{10} Re3-g3{14}
48. Kg2-g3{14} d5-d4{8}
49. Nd2-f3{12} Bc6-f3{6}
50. Kg3-f3{10} a6-a5{18}
51. Rd1-e1{12} d4-d3{8}
52. Re1-d1{12} b7-b6{22}
53. Kf3-e4{12} Kh7-g8{18}
54. Rd1-d3{8} Kg8-f7{8}
55. Rd3-d7{12} Kf7-e8{10}
56. Rd7-b7{12} Ke8-d8{6}
57. Ke4-e5{10} Kd8-c8{6}
58. Rb7-h7{10} Kc8-b8{20}
59. Ke5-e6{10} Kb8-a8{8}
60. Ke6-d5{10} Ka8-b8{10}
61. Kd5-c6{10} Kb8-a8{16}
62. Rh7-b7{12} Bc5-d4{8}
63. Kc6-c7{10} Bd4-g1{22}
64. Rb7-b6{10} Bg1-b6{20}
65. Kc7-b6{12} Ka8-b8{8}
66. Kb6-a5{8} Kb8-c7{6}
67. Ka5-a6{10} Kc7-d6{22}
68. Ka6-b7{10} Kd6-e7{6}
69. a4-a5{10} Ke7-d6{22}
70. b3-b4{10} Kd6-d
70.b3-b4 Kd6-d5
71.Kb7-c7 Kd5-c4
72.Kc7-c6 Kc4-d4
73.a5-a6 Kd4-d3
74.b4-b5 Kd3-c2
75.a6-a7 Kc2-b2
76.b5-b6 Kb2-b1
77.a7-a8 Kb1-c1
78.Qa8-a2 Kc1-d1
79.b6-b7
Jester: (White)
beginner: (Black)
View Recorded Game: http://www.getclub.com/playgame.php?...385&game=Chess

It was very interesting game as both sides got winning positions for
sometime but later Jester Manage to Win By Rook Pawn Ending. GetClub
Beginner Level is very bad in End Game so it could not save itself in
the End Game.

Bye
Sanny