Old July 22nd 08, 02:05 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Default Thank you Bill Brock for your One Penny book!!!

Bill Brock sold me a book on eBay for one cent. Of course, he probably
did not realize that he was selling it to me because the real identity
of the buyer is not generally revealed until the auction is over.
Also, I did not immediately realize that he was the seller when I bid
on that and other chess books.

The book Bill Brock boldly sold me was "The 64-Square Looking Glass:
Great Games of Chess in World Literature" by the late Burt Hochberg.
Item number 220253883953

So I bought Burt's book by Bill Brock.
http://myworld.ebay.com/billbrock
http://myworld.ebay.com/xxcomicsxx

Naturally, I am sure that Bill Brock did not intend to sell Burt's
book for only one penny. He probably intended one cent to be just a
low starting bid. When only I bid for it, I became the buyer.

Naturally, I feared that Bill Brock would not send Burt's book when he
realized that I was the buyer. However, not only did it arrive but it
came by UPS, an expedited delivery. Tracking number was
1Z GT7 302 03 9071 205 2

http://www.amazon.com/dp/081291929

Those of you who do not play chess will not realize what is so
surprising about all this. It is that I have a lawsuit pending in
federal court against Bill Brock:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/08/nyregion/08chess.html
http://gambit.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...ss-federation/
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g...8eee283f11a6b3

As a result of filing this lawsuit, I have been banned from posting to
Wikipedia. Apparently Wikipedia has an unwritten rule that anybody on
Wikipedia who sues anybody else who also happens to be on Wikipedia
gets banned.

Now, it seems that I have been kicked off of eBay too. I still have
not heard anything back from eBay as to the reason.

As a result of being suspended from eBay, I cannot give Bill Brock the
positive feedback he is entitled to receive for completing this
transaction.

Old July 22nd 08, 02:15 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

Sorry, the book by Burt Bill Brock sold me is listed on Amazon at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0812919297/

It is a big book and arrived here in perfect, near mint condition.

I could make a wisecrack here about how Bill Brock should have studied
this book (which he obviously did not do or it would be ragged now)
and then he might not have lost the grudge match to me.

Old July 22nd 08, 02:42 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:05:25 -0700 (PDT), samsloan
wrote:

[...]

This is far, far more important to you than it is to anyone else.
That probably includes Bill Brock.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 22nd 08, 02:42 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:

I could make a wisecrack here about how Bill Brock should have studied
this book (which he obviously did not do or it would be ragged now)
and then he might not have lost the grudge match to me.

How would studying a book of /great games/
have helped Mr. Brock when facing you?

I wonder if Mr. Brock might not have done
better to just study tactics-- mainly in crazy
positions where the opponent does not
understand /real chess/.

-- help bot
Old July 22nd 08, 03:00 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On 07/21/2008 08:05 PM, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

Always, /always/ set followups to a *single* newsgroup when you
crosspost. I seriously doubt the people in the other newsgroups want to
hear your whining in the first place.

Evidently you were an abusive user of both ebay and wikipedia, and
you've been spanked by both ebay and wikipedia. Good. Now stop whining
and get over it.

If you can't keep yourself from whining, do it in alt.whine.

Old July 22nd 08, 03:22 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

http://gambit.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...against-chess-...
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.g.../msg/058eee283...

[...]

Not true. If you look at my eBay profile you will see that I have been
a member since 2002 and have a 100% positive feedback rating.
http://myworld.ebay.com/xxcomicsxx

It is completely crazy that eBay would suspend me without telling me
the reason.

On Wikipedia, the only significant complaints made against me came
from Louis Blair, an Internet gadfly who frequently attacks me here.
Louis Blair, while attacking me, also got four of the most important
chess personalities in the world "salted the earth", which means that
their biographies can never be posted on Wikipedia. One of these is
Geoffrey Borg, an International Master and FIDE Vice-President. Try
creating a Wikipedia biography for Geoffrey Borg and see what happens.
He can blame Louis Blair for this.

By the way, Louis Blair was rewarded for his attacks on me by being
made a member of the "Forum Oversight Committee" which regulates
postings to the USCF Issues Forum.

Old July 22nd 08, 03:47 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

samsloan wrote:

On Wikipedia, the only significant complaints made against me came
from Louis Blair, an Internet gadfly who frequently attacks me here.
Louis Blair, while attacking me, also got four of the most important
chess personalities in the world "salted the earth", which means that
their biographies can never be posted on Wikipedia. One of these is
Geoffrey Borg, an International Master and FIDE Vice-President. Try
creating a Wikipedia biography for Geoffrey Borg and see what happens.
He can blame Louis Blair for this.

By the way, Louis Blair was rewarded for his attacks on me by being
made a member of the "Forum Oversight Committee" which regulates
postings to the USCF Issues Forum.

Apparently, Mr. Sloan must think nobody
reads the other postings here, such as the
one in which Mr. Sloan was shown to be
clueless as to the rantings of Bobby Fischer
on 9/11/2001. Mr. Blair climbed into his
time machine, went back and fetched actual
quotes of BF from that day, which
unsurprisingly, refuted some silly claims by
Mr. Sloan.

In sum, it seems more likely that Mr. Blair's
"attacks" are not directed at Mr. Sloan
himself so much as they are directed at his
multitudinous errors. This reminds me of the
complaints regarding pedant Edward Winter,
who felt compelled to correct a few of the
errors of Larry Evans-- a man who cannot
stomach constructive criticism due to the
combination of a bloated ego and a very thin
skin. Pedantry can be very annoying, it is
true; but unless you have an unlimited
supply of bullets, killing the messengers --
those who point out the obvious -- is
doomed to fail. And suppose for a moment
that you succeeded in killing /all/ of these
annoying messengers-- how would you
dispose of all the bodies? It's a logistics
nightmare... .

-- help bot

Old July 22nd 08, 04:48 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:22:45 -0700 (PDT), samsloan
wrote:

chess personalities

There's an entry for my collection of oxymorons.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old July 22nd 08, 08:14 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

"samsloan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Not true. If you look at my eBay profile you will see that I have been
a member since 2002 and have a 100% positive feedback rating.
http://myworld.ebay.com/xxcomicsxx

It is completely crazy that eBay would suspend me without telling me
the reason.

You have broken their rules and so they have zapped you. Google a bit
and you will find thousands complaining that the same thing has
happened to them.

You can also find 'services' instructing these poor slobs how to
get back on ebay. Essentially they are told to create a new identity.
This is not an option for you because the list of pirated books you
are trying to sell will be recognized immediately.

You can also apply to ebay for reinstatement, provided that you can
figure out how to get the application form, but then you have to sign
a statement promising that you are the rightful owner of the goods
you are selling, i.e you would need to sign a false statement...

On Wikipedia, the only significant complaints made against me came
from Louis Blair, an Internet gadfly who frequently attacks me here.

The stuff you wrote on Wikipedia was mostly hearsay and tendentious
drivel. If Wikipedia is to have any credibility at all, it is
obvious that inveterate liars like you must not be allowed to write
there.

Louis Blair, while attacking me, also got four of the most important
chess personalities in the world "salted the earth", which means that
their biographies can never be posted on Wikipedia. One of these is
Geoffrey Borg, an International Master and FIDE Vice-President. Try
creating a Wikipedia biography for Geoffrey Borg and see what happens.
He can blame Louis Blair for this.

LOL. Geoffrey Borg is one of the four most important chess personalities?
The other three are all named Sam Sloan, I suppose.

Old July 22nd 08, 11:37 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess

On Jul 22, 2:14 am, Jürgen R. wrote:
"samsloan" schrieb im

Louis Blair, while attacking me, also got four of the most important
chess personalities in the world "salted the earth", which means that
their biographies can never be posted on Wikipedia. One of these is
Geoffrey Borg, an International Master and FIDE Vice-President. Try
creating a Wikipedia biography for Geoffrey Borg and see what happens.
He can blame Louis Blair for this.

LOL. Geoffrey Borg is one of the four most important chess personalities?
The other three are all named Sam Sloan, I suppose.

The five people that Louis Blair got deleted from Wikipedia and salted
the earth we

Ali Nihat Yazici
Julio Cesar Ingolotti
Panupand Vijjuprabha
Geoffrey Borg

Louis Blair accomplished this by writing to 19 Wikipedia
administrators asking that all my chess biographies be deleted.

The administrators not only deleted them, but "salted the earth".

After great effort, I was able to get the biography of Ali Nihat
Yazici restored.

The rest still have the earth salted.

Goichberg rewarded Louis Blair for doing this by appointing Louis
Blair to the Forum Oversight Committee, over my strenuous objections.