Old July 29th 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Default Paul Truong Has Filed For Bankruptcy

While searching for something else, I stumbled on a Bankruptcy filing
for "HOAINHAN M TRUONG". This is a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy filing.

This is definitely OUR Paul Truong. His address is the same as the
address of Susan Polgar, 67-76 Booth Street, Apt. 1E, Forest Hills NY
11357.

The date of filing was June 21, 2007, Filed in the Eastern District of
New York which covers Queens. Case Number is 1-07-43368

He lists his occupation as "unemployed". He lists as income "Child
Support from Wife's Ex-Husband $1250.00 per month".

That is the child support that Susan's ex-husband Jacob Shutzman pays
for the support of their two children, Tom and Leaam.

His only other income is income of spouse as a "writer" of $980 minus
$150 business expenses leaving income of $830 per month.

Truong lists as assets, $40 in cash, $1000 in household furnishing,
$750 in clothing. Total assets $1790.00

Liabilities are taxes owed to the Cook County Chicago Tax Department
in 1994-1995 of $2831.00 and various credit cards debts, mostly to
American Express Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and to Asset Acceptance,
Warren MI. Debts are also owed to Capital One Bank, United National
Bank and Washington Mutual. Total liabilities $52,412.00

His filing says that his filing fees and his attorney's fees were paid
by his wife who, as we know, is Susan Polgar. His attorney is Kevin D.
Ribakove, 107-19 71st Avenue, Forest Hills NY 11375, 718-268-8900, FAX
718-268-3045

The filing date of June 21, 2007 was when Paul Truong was running for
USCF election claiming to have made millions by rescuing and saving
billion dollar corporations.

Bankruptcy was discharged on October 30, 2007. This means that he
cannot file for bankruptcy again for another seven years.

The website address of this bankruptcy case is
https://ecf.nyeb.uscourts.gov/cgi-bi...?1,269988,,,,1

I am surprised that nobody noticed this before, or perhaps somebody
did and did not tell us.

Old July 29th 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

I have found that Truong previously declared bankruptcy in 1991.

91-18337 Hoainhan Truong
Case type: bk Chapter: 7 Asset: No Vol: v Hon.: Ronald Barliant
Date filed: 08/28/1991
Date terminated: 03/13/1992
Old July 29th 08, 01:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On Jul 29, 6:31 am, samsloan wrote:
I have found that Truong previously declared bankruptcy in 1991.

91-18337 Hoainhan Truong
Case type: bk Chapter: 7 Asset: No Vol: v Hon.: Ronald Barliant
Date filed: 08/28/1991
Date terminated: 03/13/1992

The 1991 bankruptcy case was filed in Chicago. So, now we know that he
lived in Chicago, which we did not know previously.

Old July 29th 08, 01:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

samsloan wrote:
[...]

Sam Sloan

Bravo! Good work.
Old July 29th 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

samsloan wrote:
[...]

And of course, a bankruptcy filing from someone who was representing
during the campaign that he was a retired, wealthy businessman. IMO,
Mr. Truong is a fraud. So a man who can't manage his own finances
claims to be able to set the USCF's finances in order?????

I think I'm going to file an ethics complaint with the USCF for failing
to tell the members about this during the campaign and misrepresenting
his economic status to the membership.

Old July 29th 08, 01:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On Jul 29, 7:04 am, samsloan wrote:
On Jul 29, 6:31 am, samsloan wrote:

I have found that Truong previously declared bankruptcy in 1991.

91-18337 Hoainhan Truong
Case type: bk Chapter: 7 Asset: No Vol: v Hon.: Ronald Barliant
Date filed: 08/28/1991
Date terminated: 03/13/1992

The 1991 bankruptcy case was filed in Chicago. So, now we know that he
lived in Chicago, which we did not know previously.

Sam Sloan

That would explain the taxes to Cook County.
Old July 29th 08, 01:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On Jul 29, 7:04 am, samsloan wrote:
On Jul 29, 6:31 am, samsloan wrote:

I have found that Truong previously declared bankruptcy in 1991.

91-18337 Hoainhan Truong
Case type: bk Chapter: 7 Asset: No Vol: v Hon.: Ronald Barliant
Date filed: 08/28/1991
Date terminated: 03/13/1992

The 1991 bankruptcy case was filed in Chicago. So, now we know that he
lived in Chicago, which we did not know previously.

Sam Sloan

I'm sure Phil Innes will be along sooner or later to give one of his
usual logic-based explanations.
Old July 29th 08, 01:29 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

The Historian wrote:
On Jul 29, 7:04 am, samsloan wrote:
On Jul 29, 6:31 am, samsloan wrote:

I have found that Truong previously declared bankruptcy in 1991.
91-18337 Hoainhan Truong
Case type: bk Chapter: 7 Asset: No Vol: v Hon.: Ronald Barliant
Date filed: 08/28/1991
Date terminated: 03/13/1992

The 1991 bankruptcy case was filed in Chicago. So, now we know that he
lived in Chicago, which we did not know previously.

Sam Sloan

That would explain the taxes to Cook County.

The Intelius background check i ran on him last year came up with
Chicago area addresses for him
Old July 29th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

samsloan wrote:
On Jul 29, 6:31 am, samsloan wrote:
I have found that Truong previously declared bankruptcy in 1991.

91-18337 Hoainhan Truong
Case type: bk Chapter: 7 Asset: No Vol: v Hon.: Ronald Barliant
Date filed: 08/28/1991
Date terminated: 03/13/1992

The 1991 bankruptcy case was filed in Chicago. So, now we know that he
lived in Chicago, which we did not know previously.

Sam Sloan

So much for the successful, retired businessman. Looks more and more
like he's a fake and a con man.
Old July 29th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On Jul 29, 5:56*am, samsloan wrote:
[...]

I cannot remember the claim that Truong had made millions by rescuing
and saving huge corporations. Is this simply the impression he was
trying to put out at the time, or are there specific statements to
this effect? I would like to see anybody hunt down a specific quote on
the subject. I believe (as anyone who feels that he is the FSS must)
that he is willing to tell lies to advance himself, but some of what
he says is merely extreme "spinning", in which he exaggerates minor
accomplishments, sometimes to absurd extents. I can laugh a bit about
spinning, but lying bothers me a great deal more.

Jerry Spinrad

The website address of this bankruptcy case ishttps://ecf.nyeb.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/show_case_doc?1,269988,,,,1