Old July 30th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar,soc.culture.china

Default Polgar cannot "give a commitment" to go to Beijing

The USCF Executive Director Bill Hall has informed Susan Polgar that
arrangements are being made and she will be included in the official
US Delegation to the World Mind Games Championships in Beijing China
after all.

In response, Susan Polgar has posted on her chess discussion group a
letter to John Donaldson as follows at:

http://www.chessdiscussion.com/phpBB...=1362&start=20

"This is now a matter between me, the ED, and the USCF. The issue is a
lot deeper than just this invitation. I am not able to give you a
commitment until things can be resolved between the ED, the USCF, and
me. The way I was treated by the USCF is totally unprofessional and
inexcusable.

"Once again, big thanks to you and David Pruess for trying to help. I
really appreciate your effort and professionalism and I wish our U.S.
delegation the best of luck in Beijing.

"Best wishes,
"Susan Polgar
"http://www.SusanPolgar.blogspot.com
"http://www.SusanPolgar.com"

What Susan is saying is that now that she has been given what she
wants, which is an invitation to represent the US at the event in
China, she is not able to "give a commitment" at the present time,
even though the deadline passed a long time ago.

This is what Polgar-watches have observed is part of a regular pattern
with Polgar. When invited to any chess event, she has her demands that
she wishes to negotiate. She cannot just say either "yes" or "no" like
normal people do. She wants to negotiate. I provided an example
previously. When invited to represent Hungary in the 1984 World Chess
Olympiad, she demanded that her mother be allowed to come too. The
Hungarians would not agree to this and when in 1986 she was not
invited at all, she complained that she was a victim of discrimination
(because she was Jewish) even though she admitted that she would have
added the same conditions had they invited her which would again have
been unacceptable.

Now, more than 20 years later she is doing the same things with the
USCF.

Old July 30th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar,soc.culture.china
SBD SBD is offline

On Jul 30, 7:58 am, samsloan wrote:
The USCF Executive Director Bill Hall has informed Susan Polgar that
arrangements are being made and she will be included in the official
US Delegation to the World Mind Games Championships in Beijing China
after all.

It's really sad to see an otherwise talented person self-destruct like
this.
Old July 30th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar,soc.culture.china

On Jul 30, 8:47 am, SBD wrote:
On Jul 30, 7:58 am, samsloan wrote:

The USCF Executive Director Bill Hall has informed Susan Polgar that
arrangements are being made and she will be included in the official
US Delegation to the World Mind Games Championships in Beijing China
after all.

It's really sad to see an otherwise talented person self-destruct like
this.

I agree. This must be like watching Fischer melt down decades ago.
Old July 30th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar,soc.culture.china

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:20:56 -0700 (PDT), The Historian
wrote:

On Jul 30, 8:47 am, SBD wrote:
On Jul 30, 7:58 am, samsloan wrote:

The USCF Executive Director Bill Hall has informed Susan Polgar that
arrangements are being made and she will be included in the official
US Delegation to the World Mind Games Championships in Beijing China
after all.

It's really sad to see an otherwise talented person self-destruct like
this.

I agree. This must be like watching Fischer melt down decades ago.

Fischer was Jewish too and an egoistical show-off.
Old July 30th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar,soc.culture.china

[...]

Sam Sloan

Does Rob ("The Robber") Mitchell think he is being funny by covering
up this serious discussion of a serious issue by overwriting it on
Google with jokes?

Meanwhile, somebody who spoke to Bill Hall today says that Polgar is
either demanding money or setting conditions on playing in Beijing.

If she goes to Beijing she will not have an easy time over there. The
Chinese are preparing to throw their top players at her.

Do not be surprised if she chickens out and does not go. Chances are
if she goes she will bomb out. It will not be an easy walkover like
that patzer tournament she won in 2006 in Dresden, Germany during the
World Cup of Football, which they called the Woman's World Cup of
chess.

Old July 30th 08, 08:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar,soc.culture.china

wrote:
On Jul 30, 8:47 am, SBD wrote:
On Jul 30, 7:58 am, samsloan wrote:

The USCF Executive Director Bill Hall has informed Susan Polgar that
arrangements are being made and she will be included in the official
US Delegation to the World Mind Games Championships in Beijing China
after all.

It's really sad to see an otherwise talented person self-destruct like
this.

I agree. This must be like watching Fischer melt down decades ago.

Fischer was Jewish too and an egoistical show-off.

Fischer was also anti-Semitic. A very strange person.