Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old July 31st 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF Executive Board

Starting today, a Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF
Executive Board is being circulated. Signatures are requested.

The Petition is he

http://www.anusha.com/goichberg-recall-petition.pdf

Kindly collect as many signatures as you can and either mail them to
my address, give them to someone else who is collecting these
signatures, or bring them to the USCF Delegates' Meeting in Dallas
Texas on August 9-10, 2008.

The identity of anybody who signs this petition will be kept
confidential until enough signatures are elected to force a recall
election.

Sam Sloan
1664 Davidson Ave., Apt. 1B
Bronx NY 10453-7877

tel: 917-507-7226

email:
  #2   Report Post  
Old July 31st 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 270
Default Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF Executive Board

On Jul 31, 12:37*pm, samsloan wrote:
Starting today, a Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF
Executive Board is being circulated. Signatures are requested.

The Petition is he

http://www.anusha.com/goichberg-recall-petition.pdf

Kindly collect as many signatures as you can and either mail them to
my address, give them to someone else who is collecting these
signatures, or bring them to the USCF Delegates' Meeting in Dallas
Texas on August 9-10, 2008.

The identity of anybody who signs this petition will be kept
confidential until enough signatures are elected to force a recall
election.

Sam Sloan
1664 Davidson Ave., Apt. 1B
Bronx NY 10453-7877

tel: 917-507-7226

email:


You might have better luck posting this on the Polgar blog and
discussion board. I'd think they'd love to help you on this one.
  #3   Report Post  
Old July 31st 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF Executive Board

On Jul 31, 12:35 pm, Javert wrote:
On Jul 31, 12:37 pm, samsloan wrote:



Starting today, a Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF
Executive Board is being circulated. Signatures are requested.


The Petition is he


http://www.anusha.com/goichberg-recall-petition.pdf


Kindly collect as many signatures as you can and either mail them to
my address, give them to someone else who is collecting these
signatures, or bring them to the USCF Delegates' Meeting in Dallas
Texas on August 9-10, 2008.


The identity of anybody who signs this petition will be kept
confidential until enough signatures are elected to force a recall
election.


Sam Sloan
1664 Davidson Ave., Apt. 1B
Bronx NY 10453-7877


tel: 917-507-7226


email:


You might have better luck posting this on the Polgar blog and
discussion board. I'd think they'd love to help you on this one.


Sorry. No can do. I am banned.

However, if someone else wants to post this over there, I have no
objection.

Sam Sloan
  #4   Report Post  
Old July 31st 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 14,870
Default Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF Executive Board

Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the Executive Board
of the United States of America Chess Federation


Pursuant to Article VI Section 11 of the By-Laws of The United States
of America Chess Federation, as set forth on Page 30 of the 2008
Delegates' Call, the undersigned hereby petitions for the Recall of
USCF President and Executive Board member Bill Goichberg, on the
following grounds:

1.In the three years since Bill Goichberg became USCF President in
August 2005, the United States Chess Federation has lost more than
$500,000.

2.Bill Goichberg has refused to take effective measures to stop these
losses. He refuses to replace the executive director, he refuses to
cut staff and expenses, he refuses to eliminate non-essential or non-
productive consultants such as the “web content providers”.

3.The USCF staff plus consultants has even more personnel and higher
payroll than it had at the end of 2003 when the USCF was still
operating the books and equipment business and still entering all
membership and ratings information by hand.

4.Since Bill Goichberg first became USCF Vice-President in 1996, the
USCF has lost more than $2 million dollars. During most of that time
Bill Goichberg has been either President, Vice-President or Executive
Director. Prior to the time that Bill Goichberg first became Vice-
President, the USCF had consistently been profitable and had increased
its overall surplus by $2 million dollars. That is the same $2 million
that Bill Goichberg lost subsequently.

5.In order to cover up his own incompetence and mismanagement, Bill
Goichberg has filed a motion to turn the prime jewels of the USCF,
namely Chess Life and Chess Life for Kids magazines, into online
publications. Regular Adult and Regular Scholastic members will no
longer receive these magazines in the mail but will be given a
password to download them on the Internet, under the Goichberg Plan.
This plan is against the wishes of the dues paying members and is
likely to lead to a tremendous drop in paid USCF memberships and to
the financial ruin of the USCF.

For All of the Reasons Set Forth Above, it is essential to the
survival of the USCF that Bill Goichberg be recalled from the USCF
Executive Board.

Signed by:

NAME USCF ID Number Address Date

_____________________________ ________________
_____________________________ _______

_____________________________ ________________
_____________________________ _______

_____________________________ ________________
_____________________________ _______

_____________________________ ________________
_____________________________ _______

_____________________________ ________________
_____________________________ _______

_____________________________ ________________
_____________________________ _______


http://www.anusha.com/goichberg-recall-petition.pdf
  #5   Report Post  
Old July 31st 08, 11:36 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,194
Default Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF Executive Board



samsloan wrote:

4.Since Bill Goichberg first became USCF Vice-President in 1996, the
USCF has lost more than $2 million dollars. During most of that time
Bill Goichberg has been either President, Vice-President or Executive
Director. Prior to the time that Bill Goichberg first became Vice-
President, the USCF had consistently been profitable and had increased
its overall surplus by $2 million dollars. That is the same $2 million
that Bill Goichberg lost subsequently.



Goichberg was VP (an office with no real power) from 1=996 to 1999. He
went off the Board in 1999. He served as ED for one year (2004-5), He
was elected to the Board again in 2005, and has been President for
three years. Is this "most of (that) time) since 1996? Only in
Sloanworld.

It's also worth noting that the "missing" $2 million (it's not really
missing except in Sloan's diseased brain) was "lost" (by Sloan's own
claim) in 2002-2003, when Goichberg was not on the EB and had no
particular influence over the Board or the ED.

One of Sloan _supporters_ recently described him as having a "sterling
50% record for veracity." I'd put it closer to 5%.


  #6   Report Post  
Old July 31st 08, 11:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: May 2006
Posts: 9,302
Default Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF Executive Board

On Jul 31, 6:36*pm, wrote:

One of Sloan _supporters_ recently described him as having a "sterling
50% record for veracity." I'd put it closer to 5%.



Nonsense. Most of Mr. Sloan's claims are the
sort where he can score at least 20% accuracy
just by guessing at random; it would therefore
require considerable skill and effort on his part
to approach the 5% level-- skill he doesn't have.


-- help bot

  #7   Report Post  
Old August 1st 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ChessBanter: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,073
Default Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF Executive Board

On Jul 31, 6:36*pm, wrote:
samsloan wrote:

4.Since Bill Goichberg first became USCF Vice-President in 1996, the
USCF has lost more than $2 million dollars. During most of that time
Bill Goichberg has been either President, Vice-President or Executive
Director. Prior to the time that Bill Goichberg first became Vice-
President, the USCF had consistently been profitable and had increased
its overall surplus by $2 million dollars. That is the same $2 million
that Bill Goichberg lost subsequently.


Goichberg was VP (an office with no real power) from 1=996 to 1999. He
went off the Board in 1999. He served as ED for one year (2004-5), He
was elected to the Board again in 2005, and has been President for
three years. Is this "most of (that) time) since 1996? Only in
Sloanworld.

It's also worth noting that the "missing" $2 million (it's not really
missing except in Sloan's diseased brain) was "lost" (by Sloan's own
claim) in 2002-2003, when Goichberg was not on the EB and had no
particular influence over the Board or the ED.

One of Sloan _supporters_ recently described him as having a "sterling
50% record for veracity." I'd put it closer to 5%.


No more leaks for sammy...gonna have to count on Donny the Weasel for
all his inside information. Anyway, who is supporting his Jap bride
and her mixed breed kid? Certainly ain't sammy.
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF Executive Board samsloan rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) 3 June 22nd 08 12:15 AM
Petition to Recall Bill Goichberg from the USCF Executive Board samsloan alt.chess (Alternative Chess Group) 2 June 22nd 08 12:15 AM
USCF Pension and Finance Problems and Slow Response From Board OdessaChess[_2_] rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 9 September 24th 07 11:59 PM
Goichberg's List samsloan rec.games.chess.computer (Computer Chess) 2 March 19th 07 07:25 PM
$am $loan for USCF Executive Board Sam Sloan rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 12 May 2nd 06 08:24 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Chess"

 

Copyright © 2017