Old August 1st 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default To Simon K

Just thought id start a new thread that way Sanny and I do not get
confused ..

Yes it is a IVAN 2 , that is what the box says BUT , BUT , when you
look at the instructions the highest level is supposed to be 45 moves
for 225 minutes ...
MY Ivan will only go to 45 moves for I45 Minutes ...( I ) i use that
as a number one.
This level is not even on my instructions .
SO what i belive is i have a Ivan One ..
The serial number is just on a stamp attached to the back of the game so
the number is not inscribed on the back of the game itself..

A few years ago i sent it back to Florida and they said it was a Ivan
2 and sent it back ..One way i could find out for sure is to get them to
send me a Ivan one instruction manual....... That is about 3 or 4 $

I never did because i have had this for awhile now , i got it from a
store that was going out of business so it was very cheap , about 22 $

Yes , i followed instructions on how to play white or black ....I
guess i can take the time to program each piece on each square , but i
just never have .....I think that would work but i am lazy ....

Hey did you see the pic of the Grand Master set ? It is larger and
the pieces are larger , it looks nice and i think they claim it is
around 2,200 ELO ?

Old August 2nd 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Excalibur Ivan

* SAT W-7 (00:03) schrieb:

Just thought id start a new thread that way Sanny and I do not get
confused ..

OK, but use peoples names on the subject, just describe what the article
is about. If you want to send me e-mail, do it. :-)

Hey did you see the pic of the Grand Master set ? It is larger and
the pieces are larger , it looks nice and i think they claim it is
around 2,200 ELO ?

I'd rather invest my money in a real computer.

mfg, simon .... l
Old August 2nd 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

YES , i think the same way about getting a real computer ..But i never
seem to have the extra money ..I have been cramming my extra money into
my house to try and pay it off.... I do not care about the tax write
off.....

The thing is for me this webtv is so easy and simple to use and it
does not get viruses or crash ....

If i did get a real computer id get HIRCS for my chess program ..I know
it is not the strongest but id get it anyway and id still challenge
other computer programs ...