Old August 4th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Default "Woman's Chess Cup" not "Woman's World Chess Cup Champion"

Publicity by Susan Polgar has always said that she was the "2006
Women’s World Chess Cup Champion".

See for example:
http://www.depts.ttu.edu/spice/Susan_Polgar.php

However, all of the publicity for that event calls it only the
"Woman's Chess Cup". Neither the words "world" nor "champion" appear.
In fact, the real "Woman's World Cup Championship" was won by
Grandmaster Xu Yu Hua of China. Susan Polgar did not play in that
event.

Here is the email telling Susan that she had been invited. It is in
BINFO 200803100. You will see that it is not called any sort of World
Championship. It was just an exhibition event held in connection with
the World Cup of Football. Each team in the World Cup of Football got
to be represented by one woman chess player. However, the best women
chess players in the world are in China and the Republic of Georgia.
Since neither China nor the Republic of Georgia had qualified for the
World Cup of Football, Susan got to play in what was basically a
patzer tournament since few of the top women players were there. This
is just another example of Susan Polgar claiming to have achieved
something that she has not actually achieved.

Old August 4th 08, 06:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

This
is just another example of Susan Polgar claiming to have achieved
something that she has not actually achieved.

Rather like Sloan claiming to be World Champion of Chinese Chess.

Old August 4th 08, 11:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Jürgen R. wrote:
This
is just another example of Susan Polgar claiming to have achieved
something that she has not actually achieved.

Rather like Sloan claiming to be World Champion of Chinese Chess.

I don't think that's what Sam claimed.
Old August 4th 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:35 AM, wrote:

A: That is what the cup says in addition to Dresden 2006

B: Here are some of the players in that event:

Cramling, Pia (SWE) gm 2544 (#1 in Sweden)
(Highest world ranking - tied for #1 - Currently #6 - Highest rating
2544)

Sebag, Marie (FRA) gm 2529 (#1 in France)
(Highest world ranking - #6 - Currently #6 - Highest rating 2529)

Ushenina, Anna (UKR) im 2476 (Former #1 in Ukraine, currently #2)
(Highest world ranking - #8 - Currently #22 - Highest rating 2502)

Paehtz, Elisabeth (GER) im 2481 (#1 in Germany)
(Highest world ranking - #21 - Currently #21 - Highest rating 2481)

Socko, Monika (POL) im 2473 (#1 in Poland)
(Highest world ranking - #9 - Currently 23 - Highest rating 2505)

Hunt, Harriet V (ENG) im 2462 (#1 in England)
(Highest world ranking - #29 - Currently 29 - Highest rating 2462)

Maric, Alisa (SRB) im 2412 (#1 in Serbia and at one time Yugoslavia)
(Highest world ranking - Top 20 - Highest rating 2468)

Kachiani-Gersinska, Ketino (GER) im (Former #1 in Germany, currently
#3)
(Highest world ranking - Top 20 - Highest rating 2465)

"...basically a patzer tournament..."

So much for a patzer tournament. The top 5 on this list are all higher
rated than any other current US Women's Player. Any of them would
easily make the US Women's Olympiad Team and all of them are far
stronger than you.

Where does it say World Championship? It says Women's World Chess Cup
Champion. It is useless to explain to you the obvious.

Take a close look at Truong's list above. In almost every case, Truong
says “Highest rating” or “Highest world ranking”. Truong is cherry
picking the best ever ranking by each of these woman. In most cases,
both their current ranking and their ranking at the time of the event
was much lower. The one exception is Marie Sebag, who improved and now
is number 6 in the world but she was much lower at the time of the
event.

Also, Polgar only had to play one of the players on Truong's list.
That was Elisabeth Paehtz, whom Polgar faced in the last play-off
round. The others were all eliminated in the early rounds. Somehow,
Polgar's pairing always avoided the top players. One suspects that
Truong had something to do with these amazing coincidences.

Now compare the lineup there with the just concluded 2008 North Urals
Cup. The 2008 North Urals Cup was vastly stronger (those women are
stronger up there in the North Urals), but they do not go around
calling themselves world champions.

http://www.northuralscup.ru/2008/tournamenteng.shtml

Now, take a look at the actual cup that Polgar won, which is on her
own site. It shows a soccer ball, not a chess piece:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/1...20Ceremony.jpg
http://womenchesscup.blogspot.com/

Truong says that the cup itself says Woman's World Cup Champion.
Truong always has lots of pictures. Why has he never shown a picture
where we can read what the actual cup says?

In any case, that event was sponsored by FIFA, the World Football
Federation. However, the USCF is a member of FIDE, the World Chess
Federation. Perhaps Mr. Truong has heard of it.

Here are the results of the actual FIDE 2006 Woman's World Cup
Championship. Note that neither Polgar nor any of the opponents Polgar
faced in Dresden were any where near the top:

http://www.chesscenter.com/twic/twic594.html#4

Now compare Mr. Truong's list above with the official FIDE List of Top
Women players in the world in July 2006, the time of the event in
Dresden that Polgar won. Please note that only one of the women on
Truong's list above was rated even in the top 20 women in the world.
That one exception was Pia Cramling, which is the reason why I wrote
that “Few” of the top women played, instead of writing that None of
the top women played:

Since the USCF is a member of FIDE, and not a member of FIFA, why did
not a picture of the actual 2006 Woman's World Cup Champion appear on
the cover of Chess Life. (Grandmaster Xu Yu Hua of China is more
beautiful anyway.)

Sam Sloan

FIDE Top 50 Women July 2006 - Archive

http://ratings.fide.com/toparc.phtml?cod=98

Rank Name Title Country Rating Games B-Day

1 Polgar, Judit g HUN 2710 1 1976-07-23
2 Koneru, Humpy g IND 2545 32 1987-03-31
3 Kosteniuk, Alexandra g RUS 2534 10 1984-04-23
4 Cramling, Pia g SWE 2521 20 1963-04-23
5 Stefanova, Antoaneta g BUL 2520 34 1979-04-19
6 Xu, Yuhua wg CHN 2517 0 1976-10-29
7 Chiburdanidze, Maia g GEO 2504 0 1961-01-17
8 Hou, Yifan wf CHN 2488 41 1994-02-27
9 Kosintseva, Tatiana m RUS 2479 34 1986-04-11
10 Zhu, Chen g QAT 2476 13 1976-03-16
11 Cmilyte, Viktorija m LTU 2473 26 1983-08-06
12 Kosintseva, Nadezhda m RUS 2472 32 1985-01-14
13 Hoang Thanh Trang m HUN 2470 35 1980-04-25
14 Galliamova, Alisa m RUS 2470 0 1972-01-18
15 Dembo, Yelena m GRE 2465 26 1983-12-08
16 Qin, Kanying wg CHN 2465 0 1974-02-02
17 Socko, Monika m POL 2464 5 1978-03-24
18 Kovalevskaya, Ekaterina m RUS 2463 16 1974-04-17
19 Shen, Yang CHN 2459 37 1989-01-23
20 Mkrtchian, Lilit m ARM 2459 32 1982-08-09

Old August 4th 08, 12:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Brian Lafferty wrote:
Jürgen R. wrote:
This
is just another example of Susan Polgar claiming to have achieved
something that she has not actually achieved.

Rather like Sloan claiming to be World Champion of Chinese Chess.

I don't think that's what Sam claimed.

Yes he did, here is the link:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=qAON2vgw1kc

about 1 min. from the start.

Old August 4th 08, 01:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chinese-chess

On Aug 4, 6:50 am, Jürgen R. wrote:
Brian Lafferty wrote:
Jürgen R. wrote:
This
is just another example of Susan Polgar claiming to have achieved
something that she has not actually achieved.

Rather like Sloan claiming to be World Champion of Chinese Chess.

I don't think that's what Sam claimed.

Yes he did, here is the link:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=qAON2vgw1kc

about 1 min. from the start.

What Jürgen R. is referring to is during my brief speech to the
members of the New York State Libertarian Party, I said at one point
that I had been the World Champion of Chinese Chess, whereas in
reality I was the World Champion of Chinese Chess for Non-Chinese (a
much lesser title). I have always made this distinction clear but in
this case I did not bother since I was talking to a non-chess-playing
group.

Old August 4th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chinese-chess

samsloan wrote:
On Aug 4, 6:50 am, Jürgen R. wrote:
Brian Lafferty wrote:
Jürgen R. wrote:
This
is just another example of Susan Polgar claiming to have achieved
something that she has not actually achieved.

Rather like Sloan claiming to be World Champion of Chinese Chess.

I don't think that's what Sam claimed.

Yes he did, here is the link:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=qAON2vgw1kc

about 1 min. from the start.

What Jürgen R. is referring to is during my brief speech to the
members of the New York State Libertarian Party, I said at one point
that I had been the World Champion of Chinese Chess, whereas in
reality I was the World Champion of Chinese Chess for Non-Chinese (a
much lesser title). I have always made this distinction clear but in
this case I did not bother since I was talking to a non-chess-playing
group.

So, presumably, you were hoping that they didn't know that you
are a pathological liar. Do you think they believed that you can speak
15 different languages? If so, Libertarians are even dumber than
they appear.

Old August 4th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chinese-chess

On Aug 4, 2:55 pm, Jürgen R. wrote:
samsloan wrote:
On Aug 4, 6:50 am, Jürgen R. wrote:
Brian Lafferty wrote:
Jürgen R. wrote:
[...]

I bet I can speak Khowar, Pashtu, Dari and Farsi a lot better that you
can.

You might have the edge on me in German and Russian however.

Old August 4th 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chinese-chess

samsloan wrote:
On Aug 4, 2:55 pm, Jürgen R. wrote:
samsloan wrote:
On Aug 4, 6:50 am, Jürgen R. wrote:
Brian Lafferty wrote:
Jürgen R. wrote:
[...]

You seem to have no inhibitions at all. So you speak Dari, do you?

These days anybody, given a minute, can look up what Dari is and
enjoy a good laugh at your brazen stupidity.

You list 4 languages that you claim to speak - that's a lot less than
the 15 or 17 you claimed at other times - and one of these is not a
spoken language at all...

You might have the edge on me in German and Russian however.

Old August 4th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chinese-chess

On Aug 4, 5:55 pm, Jürgen R. wrote:
samsloan wrote:
On Aug 4, 2:55 pm, Jürgen R. wrote:
samsloan wrote:
On Aug 4, 6:50 am, Jürgen R. wrote:
Brian Lafferty wrote:
Jürgen R. wrote:
[...]

OK. I give up. Which one is not a spoken language?

I can easily produce native speakers of all of those languages.

Haji Ismail Sloan