Old August 4th 08, 01:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar

Default I Once Beat Susan Polgar

I Once Beat Susan Polgar

By the way, when Paul Truong writes, ”Any of them would easily make
the US Women's Olympiad Team and all of them are far stronger than
you”, he is attempting to prove his point by comparing me, Sam Sloan,
to Susan Polgar.

I have up until now been discrete and did not bring up this
embarrassing fact, but since Truong brought it up, I must tell you
that I once beat Susan Polgar in a game of chess. (I also once beat
Paul Truong in a game of chess, but that was much less of an
accomplishment. That was in the 1980 House of Spain Championship
organized by Jose Cuchi.)

When I was staying in Susan's apartment in Budapest in 1986, I became
a trainer for the two younger girls. I would play 10-game mini-matches
against each of the girls, Judit and Sofia. I played dozens of these
ten-game matches and so I got to be stronger than I am now.

All this time, the eldest sister, Zsuzsa, who now calls herself Susan,
refused to play me.

However, one day, in what no doubt was a moment of weakness, Susan
asked me to play her a game of chess.

And I beat her.

Actually, I must confess that it was not really me who beat her. It
was my superior opening, for, you see, for I played 1. g4 against her
which, of course, gives me a won game on the very first move.

About 25 moves into the game, Susan suddenly realized that she had a
hopelessly lost position. Her face turned completely beet red. I have
never seen anything else like it.

She played on a few more moves until finally I mated her.

I had never revealed this until now, out of a sense of discretion and
propriety.

I will add, however, that right after this I played her a bunch of
more games of five-minute chess and I never won another one.

Old August 4th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar
SBD SBD is offline

On Aug 4, 7:22 am, samsloan wrote:

out of a sense of discretion and propriety.

What alternate universe did I stumble into?

Old August 4th 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar
Rob Rob is offline

On Aug 4, 11:44*am, SBD wrote:
On Aug 4, 7:22 am, samsloan wrote:

out of a sense of discretion and propriety.

What alternate universe did I stumble into?

LOL

Welcome to the Spammy Sloan Universe.
Old August 4th 08, 08:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar

On Aug 4, 8:22*am, samsloan wrote:

I Once Beat Susan Polgar

I had never revealed this until now, out of a sense of discretion and
propriety.

Sam Sloan

I Once Met Susan Polgar

Attending the December 2002 Kasparov-Karpov quick chess mini-match
in New York City, I had the pleasure to meet Susan Polgar. Hanon
Russell introduced us, we shook hands, and exchanged a few brief
pleasantries.

I had never revealed this until now, out of a sense of its
insignificance and irrelevance.

Old August 5th 08, 03:39 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar

Default Why Susan lost?

Actually, I must confess that it was not really me who beat her. It
was my superior opening, for, you see, for I played 1. g4 against her
which, of course, gives me a won game on the very first move.

She played you for the first time So She played casually. and seeing
g4 she might have though you are not playing a serious match. Or may
be at that time she was not much strong player.

I will add, however, that right after this I played her a bunch of
more games of five-minute chess and I never won another one.

Now she knew your strength and played better games. I saw "Susan" in
discovery channel once. She was telling how she is playing so good.
Her brain creates many boards and she do not need a chess board to
analyze the games.

Bye
Sanny

Old August 5th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar

samsloan wrote:
I Once Beat Susan Polgar

I amazes me every time I see the incredible crap you write. It's obvious
you're in serious need of psychiatric help for the fantasy life you live.
Old August 7th 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar

On Aug 5, 5:20*pm, Richard wrote:
samsloan wrote:
I Once Beat Susan Polgar

I amazes me every time I see the incredible crap you write. It's obvious
you're in serious need of psychiatric help for the fantasy life you live.

His mother was a shrink. That is why he is so messed up. That and the
allegation that as a child he was molested by Norman Whitaker over a
several year period. If true, it explains why he walks with his legs
slightly apart.
Old August 7th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,soc.culture.magyar

Richard írta:
samsloan wrote:
I Once Beat Susan Polgar

I amazes me every time I see the incredible crap you write.

They are my bedtime stories. You don't want to spoil them, do you?