Old August 4th 08, 02:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.analysis

Default Mailing to the Delegates

I have conducted a mailing as best I can to the USCF delegates and
alternates. Unfortunately, I was not able to find the mailing
addresses of some of them, so not all will receive it, but I think
that most of them will receive it either today or tomorrow.

The primary purpose of this mailing is to try to stop the ruinous plan
by USCF President Bill Goichberg, to stop sending a printed copy of
"Chess Life" and "Chess Life for Kids" magazines to the Regular Adult
and Regular Scholastic USCF members, but instead to send them a
password by email where these publications can be read on the
Internet.

I have quoted Grandmaster Larry Evans, who said, "This will be the
death knell of the organization". My mailing also contains quotes from
Al Lawrence, Tim Redman, Dr. Frank Brady, Hanon Russell, Mike Goodall
and other well known chess personalities, all of whom say much the
same thing.

My mailing is also posted on the Internet. There are three separate
documents and one document which combines all three. It is ten pages
altogether.

http://www.anusha.com/2thedelegates.pdf
http://www.anusha.com/oust-goichberg.pdf
http://www.anusha.com/goichberg-recall-petition.pdf
http://www.anusha.com/full-uscf-mailing.pdf

Please download and distribute this mailing as widely as you can among
chess players.

This is important, because the list of delegates contains mostly
completely unknown persons. Very few of them read the Internet
websites or newsgroups and thus few of them aware of the ruinous
Goichberg Plan. My mailing (which I did entirely at my own expense) is
a last-ditch effort to stop the Goichberg Plan, to turn Chess Life
into an online publication, from passing at the USCF Delegates'
meeting on August 9-10, 2008 in Dallas.