Old August 6th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Default The USCF does not need a "nice guy" as Executive Director

On Aug 5, 5:32 pm, Rob wrote:

Bill Hall is a very nice guy from what I have seen. I think he is in a
position to effect little change and can't make a decision without
permission from the board first. WHy don't they just sell the USCF to
Bill Goichberg? At leat then it could be run as a business and there
would be no pretence of having to be fair or honest about anything.

The problem is exactly that Bill Hall is a "nice guy". The USCF does
not need a "nice guy". The USCF needs right now a mean, nasty
son-of-a-gun who will return profits rather than the hundreds of
thousands of dollars that the USCF has lost every year that Bill Hall
has been executive director.

Even Bill Goichberg is not happy with Bill Hall, but Bill Goichberg
keeps Bill Hall anyway because Bill Hall is his yes-man. Bill Hall
does the bare minimum of what Bill Goichberg wants him to do to keep
his job.

What the USCF needs right now is a mean-son-of-gun who will fire an
employee in a second who is not doing a good job. That is what real
managers do in the real world of business.

I have such a person in mind but will not say his name until we
finally somehow get rid of Bill Hall.

Old August 6th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
SBD SBD is offline

The question of who would be an effective leader is interesting.

But based on Sam's criteria, one would have thought Niro would have
made the best ED - all that hospital experience, finding ways to make
profits, no problems in laying off employees, etc.....

And then why was Edmondson such a qualified success (did much good,
much bad - at least in the long-term)? Did he do too much or did
people simply not follow his aggressive strategies later?

It would be a neat project for a graduate student in business. What is
needed to run the USCF and turn it around? I would say a charismatic
type who would indeed follow his own plan only.

But indeed could such a person last? Would the much-feared "Old Guard"
drive him out? (I personally find the whole "Old Guard" theory stupid
- you are simply talking about people who gained and have retained
power, much to the chagrin of those who would like to grab it away,
but aren't smart enough - listening, Phil?)
Old August 6th 08, 03:04 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

On Aug 6, 7:49*am, (Sam Sloan) wrote:
On Aug 5, 5:32 pm, Rob wrote:

[...]

Sam Sloan

Wow Sam. I am flattered!
Old August 6th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

On Aug 6, 9:04 am, SBD wrote:
The question of who would be an effective leader is interesting.

But based on Sam's criteria, one would have thought Niro would have
made the best ED - all that hospital experience, finding ways to make
profits, no problems in laying off employees, etc.....

Niro did not fire anybody. To the contrary, he wrote, "There is not a
person here that I do not want to keep".

After Niro disappeared and $600,000 plus the USCF's laptop computer
disappeared at the same time, Beatriz Marinello came in and fired 17
people in one day, August 20, 2003.

That is what we need to survive right now.

By the way, do you know the name of the hospital where Frank Niro was
the administrator?

That's funny. Nobody else does either.

Old August 6th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
Rob Rob is offline

Default What Sloan doesn't know?

On Aug 6, 9:28*am, samsloan wrote:
On Aug 6, 9:04 am, SBD wrote:

The question of who would be an effective leader is interesting.

But based on Sam's criteria, one would have thought Niro would have
made the best ED - all that hospital experience, finding ways to make
profits, no problems in laying off employees, etc.....

Niro did not fire anybody. To the contrary, he wrote, "There is not a
person here that I do not want to keep".

After Niro disappeared and $600,000 plus the USCF's laptop computer
disappeared at the same time, Beatriz Marinello came in and fired 17
people in one day, August 20, 2003.

That is what we need to survive right now.

By the way, do you know the name of the hospital where Frank Niro was
the administrator?

That's funny. Nobody else does either.

Sam Sloan

Yes they do. Funny you don't know.

Old August 6th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess
SBD SBD is offline

On Aug 6, 9:28 am, samsloan wrote:

By the way, do you know the name of the hospital where Frank Niro was
the administrator?

That's funny. Nobody else does either.

I did Sam because I included him in an article I wrote on hospital
administration. The article about him was fairly easy to find.
Old September 11th 08, 05:50 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.computer,alt.chess

Non scrivetemi wrote:

Further information on the newsloon's behavior is available at
the following links:

http://samvak.tripod.master.com/texi...ch/?q=paranoid

http://samvak.tripod.master.com/texi...?q=persecutory

For a more detailed view of pathological narcissism and the
Narcissistic
Personality Disorder (NPD) - click on these links:

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/npdglance.html

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/...ismglance.html

Other Personality Disorders

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/faqpd.html

Pathological Narcissism and Other Mental Health Disorders

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/faq82.html

NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) and AsPD (Antisocial
Personality
Disorder, Psychopathy, or Sociopathy)

http://samvak.tripod.com/personalitydisorders16.html

http://samvak.tripod.com/personalitydisorders15.html

Cyber Narcissist

http://malignantselflove.tripod.com/journal67.html

Damn, that's a lot of links! Suppose for a
moment that you could choose just one of
them-- which would it be?

-- help bot