Old August 11th 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

Default Randy Bauer Fails to Attend the Board Meeting

Randy Bauer Fails to Attend the Board Meeting

In the USCF Executive Bard meeting just concluded, Randy Bauer is a no-
show.

He apparently sent a BINFO stating that he is not coming tomorrow
either. He is extremely upset about Susan Polgar's lawsuit against the
USCF.

I have to wonder whether he might be resigning.

Old August 11th 08, 02:39 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Aug 10, 9:35*pm, samsloan wrote:
Randy Bauer Fails to Attend the Board Meeting

In the USCF Executive Bard meeting just concluded, Randy Bauer is a no-
show.

He apparently sent a BINFO stating that he is not coming tomorrow
either. He is extremely upset about Susan Polgar's lawsuit against the
USCF.

I have to wonder whether he might be resigning.

Sam Sloan

If so, they you get to run again for the board.

I hope he isn't resigning, for many reasons.
Old August 11th 08, 06:59 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Aug 10, 8:35*pm, samsloan wrote:
Randy Bauer Fails to Attend the Board Meeting

In the USCF Executive Bard meeting just concluded, Randy Bauer is a no-
show.

He apparently sent a BINFO stating that he is not coming tomorrow
either. He is extremely upset about Susan Polgar's lawsuit against the
USCF.

I have to wonder whether he might be resigning.

Sam Sloan

I didn't fail to attend; I chose not to attend. I'm not planning to
resign - that would be too convenient.

I do, however, intend to raise USCF issues surrounding Paul and now, I
guess Susan - in a totally factual (i.e., non-defammatory) way in
every forum and to every audience possible, whether it be Lubbock or
Timbuktu. After all, Susan is suing me.

As Karl Kronenberger pointed out in his presentation to the Delegates,
the truth is an absolute defense to defamation claims. There's plenty
to talk about.

Randy Bauer

Old August 11th 08, 07:17 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer
PB PB is offline

On Aug 11, 6:59�am, Randy Bauer wrote:
[...]

Stick at it Mr Bauer as long as you can. Without implying comment on
the intrinsic merits of the suits flying around, I judge you as one of
the few balanced and reasonable people in this whole imbroglio.

Paul Buswell

Old August 11th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

wrote:

Stick at it Mr Bauer as long as you can. Without implying comment on
the intrinsic merits of the suits flying around, I judge you as one of
the few balanced and reasonable people in this whole imbroglio.
Paul Buswell

I'll drink to that.

And while we are distributing praise, Mike Murray deserves some for
his level-headedness throughout the Truong meltdown.