Old August 14th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default GetClub vs IVAN new game --

White: GetClub Easy Level (30 sec/ move)
Black IVAN at (80 sec / move.)

GetClub(30 sec) IVAN (80 sec)

1. e4

GetClub Played e4 waiting for IVANs move.

If we loose thread we can start a new thread.
Play whenever you are free.

Bye
Sanny
Old August 14th 08, 08:12 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Pawn C-7 to C-6

I am going to play PLY 8 level , i have never tried this so it will be
new for me too..

PLY = half a move and i am playing the strongest PLY 8 ......They also
have PLY I - through 7 ..I just thought i'd play PLY 8..

I have no idea how strong it will play but i am guessing it will try and
think 4 moves a head ?

There are other things on ivan i have never tried either ..

nite

Old August 14th 08, 12:42 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

White: GetClub Easy Level (30 sec/ move)
Black IVAN at (80 sec / move.)

GetClub(30 sec) IVAN (8 ply)

1. e4 c6
2. Nc6
(Score 1.99)

It played Nc6 and gave advantage of 2 pawns. There is something
seriously wrong that it is showing a score of 1.99. You too tell me
the score given by IVAN.

I think ply 8 will be very weak try making it ply 10 or 12.

Old August 14th 08, 02:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (13:42) schrieb:

White: GetClub Easy Level (30 sec/ move)
Black IVAN at (80 sec / move.)

GetClub(30 sec) IVAN (8 ply)

1. e4 c6
2. Nc6
(Score 1.99)

It played Nc6 and gave advantage of 2 pawns. There is something
seriously wrong that it is showing a score of 1.99.

There is something seriously wrong with Nc6. First, there is a pawn on
c6 so it should be Nxc6, and second where is that knight coming from?

I think, Getclub missed Ivans c6 and did a black move instead. You
should restart the Getclub game.

mfg, simon .... l
Old August 14th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Aug 14, 6:41*pm, Simon Krahnke wrote:
* Sanny (13:42) schrieb:

White: GetClub Easy Level (30 sec/ move)
Black IVAN at (80 sec / move.)

GetClub(30 sec) * * IVAN (8 ply)

1. e4 c6
2. Nc6
(Score 1.99)

It played Nc6 and gave advantage of 2 pawns. There is something
seriously wrong that it is showing a score of 1.99.

There is something seriously wrong with Nc6. First, there is a pawn on
c6 so it should be Nxc6, and second where is that knight coming from?

Sorry it played Nc3.

Nc3 (Nb1-c3)

White: GetClub Easy Level (30 sec/ move)
Black IVAN at (80 sec / move.)

GetClub(30 sec) IVAN (8 ply)

1. e4 c6
2. Nc3
(Score 1.99)

Bye
Sanny

Old August 14th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Which is more strong (8 ply) or 80 seconds?

Can you ask IVAN to think for 10 ply deep?

Bye
Sanny

Old August 14th 08, 05:17 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Pawn D-7 to D-5 ....GC + 0.2 ...

Yes i got Knight C-3 ..

PLY -8 is as strong as can go on this level so it will be interesting
to see what happens ..

Hey on my battle screen it shows it going to level 6 , on that other
level i have been playing GC at all the time THI45 ..that is
THone-45..remember my ( I) i use as ones..
It is showing it thinking on Level 7 already and i have never seen it
think at that level this early and i belive it only did it one time on
the THIS level ..+ The clocks are ticking UP .. I have no idea why so i
will read the instructions to see if it says ..It did not say on the PLY
level that the clocks go up from 0 .....
On the THI45 ivan has to make 45 moves in I45 minutes ...

Wow maybe i do not want to play this level it has been thinking for 8
min on D-7 to D-5 ..

I mite force it to move because i need to get going for work ..Now
thinkig for I3 min on same move ...I want to move before i leave for
work but i have never play PLY level before and it is thinking for a
long time ..Must be a deep search type game ??
Crap now it is ****ing me off because i need to go so i will force the
move and now that i know it will take a long time to think i'll give
myself more time before i have to head out OR do you want me to go back
to THI45 ...?
I would kind of like to leave it on this level to see how it plays

Ivans move is a force move ..D-7 to D-5
It never did show any other moves it was thinking about ..

have to run..by by

Old August 14th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Pxd5 (Pe4xd5)

White: GetClub Easy Level (30 sec/ move)
Black IVAN at (80 sec / move.)

GetClub(30 sec) IVAN (8 ply)

1. e4 c6
2. Nc3 d5
3. Pxd5

(Score 2.9)

Its good it is thinking longer. What you can do is let it think for 5
min and when 5 min are over ask it to play forced move.

So we can have game between Easy Level vs IVAN 5 min.

So whenever 5 min is over ask it to play the forced move. I think in 5
min it will bring a lot good moves.

Old August 15th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (19:05) schrieb:

1. e4 c6
2. Nc3 d5
3. Pxd5

exd5

(Score 2.9)

Strange score, Toga II says +0.47.

mfg, simon .... l
Old August 15th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* SAT W-7 (18:17) schrieb:

Hey on my battle screen it shows it going to level 6 , on that other
level i have been playing GC at all the time THI45 ..that is
THone-45..remember my ( I) i use as ones..

BTW: What of keyboard are you using?

I mite force it to move because i need to get going for work ..Now
thinkig for I3 min on same move ...I want to move before i leave for
work but i have never play PLY level before and it is thinking for a
long time ..Must be a deep search type game ??

PLYx probably means a fixed depth search of x plies. That might go fast,
when there aren't many choices, or it's damn slow when the situation is
complicated.

mfg, simon .... l