Old August 22nd 08, 11:18 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Gus Gus is offline

Default Excalibur explorer documentation, back battery cover, pieces? PLEASE& THANKS

I bought the Excalibur Explorer at the thrift store for two dollars..
It seems to be in good working order, but there are many functions
that I do not know how to use.. EXAMPLE I do not know how to play
black on the computer. SO I am stuck playing white all the time.
So.. This is my question? Does anyone know how to set this up so the
computer plays white and makes the first move? Second.. Does anyone
know where I can get documentation for the chess computer. Thirdly,
does anyone know where I can get the back cover for the batterys?
Forth, Is there anyone out there that knows where I can get the actual
chess pieces that came with this game?

I know its a lot to ask for a new comer to the group. But I was
hoping someone could help me.

Thank You so much

Gus.
Old August 22nd 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Excalibur explorer documentation, back battery cover, pieces?P...

I have Ivan .....I am playing GC vs him now..

I bet it plays White from the 7th and 8th rank , so when you start the
game ( before you make a move ) push the MOVE button and if yours has a
Battle Screen ( screen that shows the pieces ) you will see them change
..

I have not called them in a few years but here is the phone #
305-477-8080 ..
They are in Miami Florida ...I think they are there during normal work
days , Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5.00 PM..Off weekends.
I assume they still have the same number ?

They will sell you that stuff i belive and the prices are reasonable
..You mite get a instruction manual for that model too..

If you call them ask how much their GRANDMASTER game is now ? Ask the
ELO too ....Ask them if they have any NEW computers coming out too..

Hey post back here and let me know what they say ..

Overall i have been happy with my Ivan BUT the white from 7th and 8th
rank has bugged me since i started playing computer vs computer because
ivan has to be black most of the time.

I can manually set the game up and play it i think ? I have never tried
it but i mite one of these days..

Any other questions i will try and help you with .