Old August 29th 08, 12:14 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.chile,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

Default Beatriz Marinello Replies to Susan Polgar Lawyer's Letter

This is interesting! Susan Polgar is offering to settle her suit
against the USCF in exchange for an apology.

After reading the details of the Polgar vs. USCF suit in which she
stated:

“Because she a woman and of foreign descent, USCF has long harbored
ill will and jealousy towards Polgar and more recently, the SPICE
program.”

I believe Susan Polgar should be the one apologizing to the USCF.

As a woman of foreign decent, originally from Chile, and Past
President of the USCF, I am shocked by this statement. The USCF did
not discriminate against me, nor do I believe has ever discriminated
against Susan Polgar. I am using the word discrimination because I
understand where she is going.

This legal action was just a tactical threat played at the US Open to
neutralize the expert opinion of the attorney. And, now of course, the
offer of a settlement is also a chess move aiming to reduce bad PR for
Susan Polgar for suing the USCF, which is the organization that she
has the duty to protect and work towards it's mission.

Susan Polgar should resign from the Executive Board!

What a shame!

Beatriz Marinello
USCF Past President
Old August 29th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.chile,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

samsloan wrote:
[...]

Brava, Beatriz! It is amazing how utterly self-destructive Trolgar has
become. I predict that the Polgar offer will be Dead On Arrival in
Crossville.
Old August 29th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics,rec.games.chess.misc,soc.culture.chile,rec.games.chess.computer,misc.legal

On Aug 28, 7:14*pm, samsloan wrote:
[...]

Give her Hell bad trees.