Old August 30th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Default GetClub Chess Stronger than ever !!!

Now, GetClub Chess is playing tremendously strong games.

I played against Rybka & Jester and found it has no error now.

I think all Bugs have gone out to party. So We can enjoy playing Chess
at GetClub without Bugs.

Now GetClub is so strong that I do not think anyone will ask me to
improve it further.

Even Help Bot will find Beginner playing very strong. But Help Bot
increases his strength just like GetClub. So I think Help Bot can
still beat the Beginner & Easy Levels.

I agree last two weeks The game strength got reduced. But now that bug
has been removed.

So play a game and test for yourself how it is playing now. Tell me
how you find the strength of GetClub.

Start with Beginner then go and play with Easy if you succeed.

New Ratings for GetClub Levels a-

Beginner: 2200+
Easy: 2300+
Normal: 2400+

Bye
Sanny

Old August 30th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Sanny wrote:

snip
Even Help Bot will find Beginner playing very strong. But Help Bot
increases his strength just like GetClub. So I think Help Bot can
still beat the Beginner & Easy Levels.

Indeed. Help Blot has eliminated two of his errors and is now twice
stronger twice! I do not think anyone can beat Help Blot now. If you
are Kasparov, try him at Easy level.

--

"Do that which is right..."

Rev. J.D. Walker
Old August 30th 08, 05:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

I think all Bugs have gone out to party. So We can enjoy playing Chess
at GetClub without Bugs.

Really now. I just tried it, and it didn't work at all.

Now GetClub is so strong that I do not think anyone will ask me to
improve it further.

Of course. Why extend a record of abject failure?

So play a game and test for yourself how it is playing now. Tell me
how you find the strength of GetClub.

On beginner level, as White, it played 1.e3 e5 2.h3 d5 3.d4. Not
exactly state-of-the-art opening play. It took about 3 minutes to get
that far, even though 10-20 seconds per move was advertised. Then it
refused to allow me to move. I tried to play 3...e4, but nothing
happened. So much for being bug-free.

New Ratings for GetClub Levels a-

Beginner: 2200+
Easy: 2300+
Normal: 2400+

I notice that the supposed #1 player is the Advanced Level, rated
2400. And yet it has a won-lost record of +2 -51. Strange rating
calculations you use, Sanny.
Old August 30th 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

I think all Bugs have gone out to party. So We can enjoy playing Chess
at GetClub without Bugs.

* Really now. I just tried it, and it didn't work at all.

How can that happen I just played against Jester 2 min back.
You can see the recorded games played just now.

http://www.getclub.com/cc/showgame.php?num=10

Now GetClub is so strong that I do not think anyone will ask me to
improve it further.

* Of course. Why extend a record of abject failure?

So play a game and test for yourself how it is playing now. Tell me
how you find the strength of GetClub.

* On beginner level, as White, it played 1.e3 e5 2.h3 d5 3.d4. Not
exactly state-of-the-art opening play. It took about 3 minutes to get
that far, even though 10-20 seconds per move was advertised. Then it
refused to allow me to move. I tried to play 3...e4, but nothing
happened. So much for being bug-free.

Looks like your Internet Connection failiure You can always restart a
game as the game is recorded.

Next time you start it will start from the next move.

If any problem persist let me know.

Thanks
Sanny

Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html

Old August 30th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

On Aug 30, 12:20*pm, Sanny wrote:
[...]

No, there was no connection failure. The failure is in your program.

Next time you start it will start from the next move.

I doubt I will waste the time.

If any problem persist let me know.

The main problem is your persistent spamming.

Old August 30th 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

Looks like your Internet Connection failiure

* No, there was no connection failure. The failure is in your program.

Next time you start it will start from the next move.

Try once and let me know.

It happens sometimes that Internet connection breaks.

I find it do not play the opening moves too. As Opening is played in
"0" seconds while it was thinking for 12 seconds. This means you have
lots of web pages / programs open. Or you have not shut down your
computer after long hours of work.

Chess is a resource hungry program So it needs more resources. Try
again after restarting your browser. And close other programs So that
it works fast.

If you say I will remove this game from the database. So that you may
start a new game.

Bye
Sanny

Old August 30th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer,rec.games.chess.politics

wrote:
On Aug 30, 11:53 am, Sanny wrote:
[...]

FLAG! YOU LOSE!

GETCLUB CHESS YOU LONG TIME!

--
Kenneth Sloan
Birmingham, AL 35294-1170
Old August 30th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

* Sanny (18:31) schrieb:

It happens sometimes that Internet connection breaks.

Yes, things like that happen. A program knows this probably happened
when it can't talk to its server any more. It should display an error
message to the user and ask what to do.

mfg, simon .... l
Old August 31st 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Aug 30, 12:14*pm, wrote:

On Aug 30, 11:53*am, Sanny wrote:

Now, GetClub Chess is playing tremendously strong games.
I played against Rybka & Jester and found it has no error now.
Play Chess at:http://www.GetClub.com/Chess.html
I think all Bugs have gone out to party. So We can enjoy playing Chess
at GetClub without Bugs.

* Really now. I just tried it, and it didn't work at all.

As my old friend P.T. Barnum used to say:

"There's a sucker born every minute!"

[...]

What strikes me as odd is the fact that the #2
ranked player, Zeb, has a few losses. Anyone
can see that he is using another chess engine,
so how did he ever manage to lose even a
single game to GC? It boggles the mind.

As for me, I can't seem to finish a game
against anything higher than the Normal (aka
"Notmal") level, because the program locks up
when it is about to be checkmated on the top
levels. Thus, my rating improvements are
restricted. Here are my new ratings:

help bot
-------------

Beginner 1500

Easy 1700

Normal 1900

Lucky 2100

Very lucky 2200

Note that my "very lucky" level depends
almost entirely on my opponent; will he,
say, hang his Queen, before I can find
some way to drop a piece? Don't laugh--
many famous grandmasters have lost in
fewer than fifteen moves, for similar
reasons.

-- help bot

Old August 31st 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.games.chess.analysis,rec.games.chess.misc,alt.chess,rec.games.chess.computer

On Aug 30, 12:31*pm, Sanny wrote:

It happens sometimes that Internet connection breaks.

You can say that again. I have had more
of these mysterious "breaks" while playing
at GC, than at any other time.

I find it do not play the opening moves too. As Opening is played in
"0" seconds while it was thinking for 12 seconds. This means you have
lots of web pages / programs open. Or you have not shut down your
computer after long hours of work.

Chess is a resource hungry program So it needs more resources. Try
again after restarting your browser. And close other programs So that
it works fast.

Sanny, why not reduce the number of these
"errors" by instructing the Java applet to not
hog all the resources? That way, users can
play chess and still do other things in the
background (i.e. multitasking) while the
program thinks. A reduction from 99% to
just a 90% hog-fest could potentially solve
most of these problems.

Trust me-- the program's strength is not
going to be affected much, either way.

-- help bot