Old September 6th 08, 01:27 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default RATED GAME IN FRITZ 10

I have just completed a rated game with tounament time controls. I set
Fritz to play at 2022 rating. It played every move instantly. We drew.
It drew a won endgame. My rating is 1584. Any such experiences anyone.
What went wrong?
Old September 7th 08, 04:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

You played FRITZ to a draw and your ELO is I554 and FRITZ was set at ELO
2024...

Maybe nothing went wrong , give yourself credit for playing a
outstanding game..

You said it drew a WON end game , maybe it did not see the win ?
These are computers and maybe in the position it was in the guy who
programmed it mite have missed something ? Now you see why the try and
keep improving their games FRITZ II and is there a FRITZ I2 yet ?

The game my Ivan just finished with GC , my ivan lost and it should
have never castled the way it did ..But it did and that was the start of
a lost game....

Play the game at the same time control and see how you fare ...

On the level i play my ivan the strongest i have won one game and lost
400 + games ...I see the weaknesses ivan has when it plays other
computers BUT i do not seem to be a good enough player to exploit those
weakness myself ...

Old September 7th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

keithbc wrote:
I have just completed a rated game with tounament time controls. I set
Fritz to play at 2022 rating. It played every move instantly. We drew.

That is a bit suspicious. Even at moderate time controls I find Fritz
normally thinks for at least a few seconds every move.

It drew a won endgame. My rating is 1584. Any such experiences anyone.

If you can survive to the endgame and it does not have access to the
endgame tablebases there is a good chance of cheating it out of a win
(even when the engine is playing at full strength).

What went wrong?

Get the engine to annotate the game and see how the moves it played
compare with the engines annotation at various time controls. It is just
possible that if you played down the line it predicted most of the time
then you would get a nearly instant response - though I have never seen it.

I find Shredder a lot more fun as a sparring partner. YMMV

Regards,
Martin Brown