Old September 8th 08, 09:47 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default problem calling Fritz 10 From Chessbase 10

If I go from Fritz to Chessbase, it works fine, but I can't call Fritz
from Chessbase. Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks
Old September 8th 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Smoking Man wrote:
If I go from Fritz to Chessbase, it works fine, but I can't call Fritz
from Chessbase. Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks

I assume you are referring to 'File | Goto Fritz' within a game window.
I have no problem doing so; my OS is Vista Home Premium, Service Pack
1. Have you installed the Sept. 2 update to CB10? (And do you have
Fritz 10 at the latest version?)

Regards,
John

Old September 8th 08, 06:46 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 09:25:06 -0400, John Sheatsley
wrote:

Smoking Man wrote:
If I go from Fritz to Chessbase, it works fine, but I can't call Fritz
from Chessbase. Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks

I assume you are referring to 'File | Goto Fritz' within a game window.
I have no problem doing so; my OS is Vista Home Premium, Service Pack
1. Have you installed the Sept. 2 update to CB10? (And do you have
Fritz 10 at the latest version?)

Regards,
John

Thank you for your reply, yes, both are up to date. I'm going to try
re-installing the programs and see what happens. CB10 was installed
afterward, so that may be the reason, but I'm just guessing...
Old September 9th 08, 09:15 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Fritz ten vs Chessbase ten , who wins ?

Play two games as white and black and see which one wins or do they draw
?

Old September 10th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Tue, 9 Sep 2008 01:15:16 -0700, (SAT W-7) wrote:

Fritz ten vs Chessbase ten , who wins ?

Play two games as white and black and see which one wins or do they draw
?

Chessbase is a database program, not a chess engine. It doesn't play
chess.

Old September 11th 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

ok , thanks for that info....