Old September 9th 08, 12:49 AM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Default Chess game recorder for iPhone?

I'm looking for an app for my iPhone which I can use as an electronic
notepad to record games while I play.

I took a look at a friend's copy of Caissa Chess. It's terrible for this.
You can put it in manual mode and move both the white and black pieces, but
it's just too fussy about exactly how you tap the screen to pick up a piece
and move it. It would drive me nuts.

Are there programs out there that are easier to use? For now, I'm really
just interested in something that can record games and upload them for
study later. I don't need something that has a chess engine to play
against (at least not for my iPhone).
Old September 9th 08, 03:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

Today we launched Caissa 2.1. It has alternative input method "tap-
tap" to drag-and-drop. Also you can put custom positions now and email
your games. I myself use it for exact the same purpose. Also I am
open to suggestions

Regards
-B

Old September 13th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer

On Sep 9, 9:53*am, wrote:
[...]

Does it support pgn?

Does it support a PGN file of (say) 1000 games? Would be nice to have
an interface w/ look & feel similar to iTunes